Events and Marketing Intern – She Runs It
By She Runs It
Founded in 1912 as AWNY, She Runs It passionately pursues a mission to pave the way for more women to lead at every level of marketing and media. The She Runs It Marketing and Events Internship program gives students an opportunity to receive hands-on experience, in addition to meeting top executives within the advertising industry. Interns will be responsible for assisting in coordination of all She Runs It events, including breakfasts, luncheons and evening networking events. These events range in size from 50 – 500 advertising professionals. Responsibilities will span from event inception through post event wrap-up.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with website updates and PR communication strategy
- Maintain and update Industry Events Calendar
- Research event locations and update venue database
- Support coordination of event logistics including vendor research, signage, onsite marketing material, and shipments
- Assist with registration management: customer service, database management, badge printing
- Manage inventory of event supplies
- Provide onsite support at all She Runs It events with an opportunity to cross-train: registration and event production
- Create and distribute post-event summaries to corporate sponsors and event member Co-Chairs
- Answer phones: event/member troubleshooting
- Manage the firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox
- Manage Fedex packages and/or outside mailings
She Runs It is looking for a commitment of a minimum of 3 months or one semester. All interns will be part-time, work schedule is flexible. (Ex: 2-3 days a week, 6 hours a day: 18 hours total)
Metro card compensation and meals to be determined depending on schedule. Complimentary admission to She Runs It events.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Current junior or senior from a 4-year college or university
- Communication, marketing, advertising and/or public relation experience desirable
- Interest in working within events and/or marketing and media industry is a plus.