Account Director – West Coast, Leaf Group
By She Runs It
Account Director - West Coasst
Company: Leaf Group
Leaf Group is a house of brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories: Fitness & Wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com); Home & Decor (Hunker, Society6, Deny Designs), and Art & Design (Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair). Additionally, we have performance focused brands in key categories such as Travel, Pets, and DIY (OnlyInYourState, Cuteness, eHow). Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our businesses forward. Check us out here.
We are looking for an Account Director to lead our Brand Partnership efforts on the West Coast.
Your mission would be to join our team as a brand evangelist, helping us deliver smart, out-of-the-box solutions across all of Leaf Group’s owned and operated media properties for leading advertisers.
This role is perfect for a consultative seller who is passionate about coming up with the best solutions for advertisers, digs into every aspect of the account, stays up to date on programmatic technologies, and cares about developing deep relationships. You are someone who creates innovative concepts for advertisers and embraces analytics too. You go the extra mile because you care deeply about driving success for advertisers’ businesses and ours.
A big vision calls for top talent. As we grow, our need for an Account Director grows with us.
A typical day as an Account Director might include:
- Prospect, ideate and secure brand partnerships with leading advertising brands and agencies
- Manage a growing pipeline and accurately forecast new business and existing revenue booked
- Foster and nurture client and agency relationships and be responsive, visible and relevant to designated account list
- Collaborate with internal marketing and client services teams to create advertiser solutions/advertising proposals, partnership programs for clients and agencies
- Secure new business by developing and presenting relevant solutions that help clients achieve their marketing objectives
- Participate in regular sales meetings and provide ongoing reporting and feedback to sales management
- Utilize Boostr to track all pertinent account information and sales progress as well as forecast and prioritize to achieve quarterly and annual quotas
What you have:
- 7+ years of digital advertising sales experience
- Proven go-getter with ability to meet and exceed sales quotas
- Demonstrated success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable sales environment
- Strong relationships with key decision makers at advertising agencies and national advertising clients within the West Coast territory
- Diligent and motivated work ethic with a high energy, results-oriented style
- Experience in high-volume cold calling and pitching to senior executives/stakeholders
- Excellent communicator: outgoing, great writer, and public speaker
- Experience using Boostr
- A team player with collaborative spirit
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats – no job being too small or too large
- Experience selling integrated digital programs
- Extra plus: experience working with health and wellness, home brands and products; experience selling experiential programs
- We’re casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
You’ll be successful in this role if you have strong knowledge of the digital media landscape including branded content, experiential marketing, programmatic media, using data and insights to sell, and the ability to storytell in your pitch. You will understand how to navigate through organizations to get to senior level decision makers, how to open doors and secure meetings that deliver an outcome. You’ll be a hard worker with persistence and curiosity.
What We Have:
Leaf Group is among the 2022 & 2019 Built In LA Best Places To Work
Among Comparably’s 2021 Best Companies for Company Culture, Company Perks & Benefits, Company Compensation, Best CEO for Diversity, and Best CEO for Women
eHow is the 2019 & 2020 People’s Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
OnlyInYourState is ranked the #3 Travel and Information Site (ComScore)
Well+Good is the 2019 People’s Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
Leaf Group is among TalentDesk’s 2019 Best Companies To Work For
Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company AwardMyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
For full-time permanent roles:
Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
Gender neutral family leave
Paid-to-play vacation rewards
Discretionary unlimited vacation time
Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Step 1: A video/phone call with a member from our Hiring Team. In this call, we will cover the basics of the role and our company, and discuss a high level overview of your past experiences, goals, and interest in this role.
Step 2: A call with your potential manager or someone from the hiring team to dive deeper into your experiences and goals.
Step 3: A short assessment to help us see your skill sets as they relate to the role we have. We will review this in Step 1.
Step 4: Depending on the role, interviews with key stakeholders from the role (could be 1 or up to 3) who will dive further into the role with you and answer any questions you may have.
Leaf Group is a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace that reflects our customers and the world we live in. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply for our roles. Leaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Agency Disclosure: If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.