Account Executive, VMLY&R
By She Runs It
VMLY&R COMMERCE is WPP’s newest end-to-end Creative Commerce Company. Built on the commerce expertise of Geometry and scaled through VMLY&R’s connected brand promise, we help modern brands grow by unifying marketing strategies around commerce.
We believe the space of commerce holds the most untapped creative potential to grow brands and people. Living CommerceTM is our proprietary approach and platform that guides how we work. By understanding how, when and why people buy, we deliver the most engaging and culturally-relevant creative commerce experiences across Retail, Experience, Design and Innovation. We do this as part of a network of 13,000 specialists across 80 countries, everywhere life intersects with commerce – this is end-to-end.
We are looking for an Account Executive to support the EVP, New Business, who is building an exciting new team that will drive activations across partnerships, social commerce, brands, the metaverse, and more. This person will manage day-to-day activities and support the team in the production of client-ready documents; coordinating meetings; research client businesses to begin building knowledge of industry; participate in key meetings, including status and client meetings.
- Collaborate with agency teams to develop solutions for client
- Serve as project lead, guiding projects from start to finish
- Compile and create client-ready materials
- Review documents and work prior to external sharing
- Organize client presentations, meetings and conference calls, and prepare relevant documents, including agendas, meeting materials and reports
- Build rapport and credibility across the agency, based on trust, sound counsel, responsiveness to client needs and flawless execution
- Responsible for taking accurate meeting notes, capturing action items
- Schedules and coordinates client meetings
- Actively and effectively managing timelines and deliverables of multiple projects simultaneously
Providing regular and thorough project updates to team
As part of the WPP Group, VMLY&R COMMERCE offers one of the best overall compensation packages in the business.
Required Skills & Experience
- 1-3 years of advertising or marketing experience, preferably some experience in an agency setting
- Demonstrable understanding of key strategic issues impacting client’s businesses
- Curiosity and proactive
- Able to communicate clearly, thoroughly, succinctly and in a timely manner both verbally and in writing; follow-up outstanding issues; ask relevant questions
- Able to build relationships and collaborate across teams, departments, vendors, and clients to successfully accomplish work
- Strong attention to detail and organization, including:
- Keeping abreast of category trends and sharing information/learnings with team members
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, communications, preferred, though not needed; or the equivalent combination of education and experience