Account Manager- Sales, AccuWeather
By She Runs It
Account Manager- Sales
Who We Need & What You’ll Do
AccuWeather is looking for a passionate, innovative, and thought driven leader who can influence AccuWeather’s digital strategy and roadmap. We’re in need of a creative sales expert, with a strong advertising technical background. This opportunity is perfect for someone who can collaborate and impact our Account Executive & Digital Media team! Are you someone who can take their publishing, digital advertising, media sales, and creative abilities to establish campaigns from start to finish? If so, we would love to connect with you!
The Sales Strategists will liaison between customers and cross-functional teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions based on consumer needs. This person will work directly with other Sales Strategist, Ad Operations, and Sales Reps supporting them with all Digital RFP’s and Insertion Orders for Direct and Programmatic Sales. If you are someone who enjoys creating custom campaigns and providing sales expertise this is the opportunity for you!
Who We Are
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; and offices in New York City and elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
- Work with Ad Sales and Marketing teams to create media plans and pricing
- Implement RFPs and Insertion Orders in Ad Serving platform, DFP
- Forecasting digital ad inventory for RFPs and incoming IOs
- Complete media plan templates and additional RFP materials including spec sheets
- Act as the liaison between Clients and AdOps to get campaigns live and address any client spec, tag & creative questions
- Help manage and sustain client relationships, develop deeper relationships, and explore areas of growth
- Assist in creating wrap reports and decks by gathering screenshots and data, deck formatting, and implementing timeline
- Translating campaigns into internal docs for Operations team to activate against
- Manage 3rd party creative teams, for all custom campaign deliverables
- Maintain organized tracking of live campaigns and schedule of campaign deliverables
- Other duties as assigned
- Four-year college degree
- 2-4 years digital ad sales/account management experience
- Eager to learn and grow in a media/sales environment
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Accurate data entry skills, analytical abilities, excel skills and the ability to demonstrate initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Pro-active, self-starter, great organizational skills including good time management skills
- An acute attention to detail is a must
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines under pressure
- Excellent people skills
More About AccuWeather
AccuWeather’s innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning and propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience and comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 and thousands of other businesses in the U.S. and globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.Apply Now