Account Manager, VMLY&R
By She Runs It
Account Managers handle the day-to-day operations of agency projects, including research, scope development, creative briefing and job execution. They are responsible for base-level client contact, management of status meetings, organizing information shared by and with the client, and ensuring agency procedures are followed. Account Managers will lead projects from beginning to end while fostering relationships directly with clients and the agency team. The idea is that someone looking at an AM role wants project ownership experience and client engagement development opportunities. Account Managers serve as agency implementers for achieving the clients strategic brand and business objectives by working with clients to provide them with guidance and working with the internal team to achieve execution of strategies. They serve a vital role in promoting the integration of cross-functional teams and ensuring seamless delivery of all work to the client. This candidate must be prepared for a fast-paced environment and be comfortable making decisions.
- Operational excellence in daily blocking and tackling of account/s
- Gains and maintains knowledge of clientâ€™s business, industry and competition
- Responsible for ensuing conference reports and/or meeting notes are complete and distributed to clients and/or agency partners as appropriate
- Initiates/drafts scope documents and works with team to ready for client review and approval
- Initiates projects within the agency, according to standard kick-off protocol
- Responsible for day-to-day implementation of project deliverables; ensures deliverables are client ready
- Builds on financial management skills, including preparation of billing and monthly projections for review with supervisor
- Participation in key client meetings including status meetings and presentations of VMLY&R work
- Focus is on flawless execution of current projects. As part of the WPP Group, VMLY&R offers one of the best overall compensation packages in the business.
- Is able to understand the business issues clients face in a variety of industries.
- Possesses superior communication skills, both internal and client facing.
- Has strong relationship management, organizational and project management skills.
- Manages up and knows when to escalate internal and/or client concerns.
- Is able to work effectively with a variety of internal teams and business groups, including Creative, Media and Technical Delivery Specialists.
- Is able to identify opportunities for growth and incremental opportunities with client partners.
- Has a strong interest in technology or digital marketing.
- Familiarity with eCommerce and online advertising is a plus. Required Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in a related field.
- Two to five years of full-time experience in digital marketing, media or advertising (digital experience strongly preferred).
- Agency experience (preferred).