Analyst, Digital Analytics, AccuWeather
By She Runs It
Analyst, Digital Analytics
The global product team at AccuWeather is seeking an Analyst, Digital Analytics to support the way in which AccuWeather collects, reports and provides insights to the rest of the organization for our non-mobile and mobile applications. As a member of our team, you’ll help develop and implement digital analytics reporting and measurement across AccuWeather.com and AccuWeather Mobile Apps, and will be responsible for gathering, structuring, and analyzing data to derive compelling insights that drive the optimization of our online marketing initiatives and customer experience across our digital properties.
This position is joining an expanding Analytics & Audience team and will collaborate with digital product managers, business stakeholders, finance, accounting, and business development teams across the organization. We’re looking for a Senior Analyst with proven experience in using Analytics tools for data analysis, gleaning insights, providing reporting, implementing tracking and finding opportunities for improvement in website performance, user acquisition and marketing initiatives.
Who We Are
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; and offices in New York City and elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
- Communicate findings with a clear point of view and compelling visualizations (using visual tools such as Looker, Data Studio, Tableau) for both executives as well as for cross lateral teams
- Support our measurement strategy for our mobile apps and website, considering industry trends, competitive dynamics, and macroeconomic data-driven analytics in digital media
- Familiarity with SQL & Python highly desired, to support and troubleshoot data pipelines, and conduct ad hoc analysis to assess the performance of the new product features
- Work closely with Data Solutions and engineering teams to build visualizations for executive level KPI reporting, and implement solutions in production environment
- Help in defining KPI’s and validate tracking to measure the health and success of product launches and enhancements
- Work with product owners and analytics implementation owner to develop tagging and other data capture requirements for new products or product enhancements
- Analyzes complex business problems using data from internal and external data sources to provide strategic and actionable business insights to decision-makers
- Bachelor’s Degree in data analytics, computer science, technical marketing, or other quantitative fields
- Minimum 2-3 years of digital analytics experience; preferably e-commerce or direct to consumer business setting
- Familiarity with Marketing APIs, BigQuery or other Cloud Data Warehouse tools (AWS, Snowflake, Databricks, etc.), ETL Tools (Rivery, Looker, Supermetrics) and Python
- Working knowledge of SQL, with expertise in efficiently querying and analyzing big data ( knowledge of SQL, Excel, Google Data Studio/Data Visualization, looker and enjoy working with SQL on a day-to-day basis)
- A background in paid media and/or digital advertising desired; understand of concepts like LTV, ROAS and Incremental Revenue necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable presenting data and providing recommendations with confidence to senior-level stakeholders
- Must be detail-oriented and deadline-driven, with strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and guide cross-functional teams towards a common goal
More About AccuWeather
AccuWeather’s innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning and propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience and comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 and thousands of other businesses in the U.S. and globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.Apply Now