Associate Account Executive, Disney Advertising Sales
By She Runs It
Associate Account Executive
Pre Sales: AAE coordinates marketing & planning to answer RFP’s, create pitches and respond to marketing briefs with sales comm, insights and marketing solutions teams. The AAE understands the total book of business (linear & digital) to identify new opportunities for their clients before an RFP is delivered. Partner with Insights team to develop & coordinate qualitative information associated as part of pre-sale planning and deck completion. The AAE should NOT build plans, but can help coordinate and align with the planning team. After 1 year in role, the AAE may start prospecting activities on new business (with supervisor approval). In addition to prospecting, AAE can also be empowered to lead sales efforts on specific accounts (ex. build plans, pitch, and selling activities).
Active Campaign: AAE delivers white glove customer service to its clients/agency, working with marketing, ad opps and research teams to ensure that the campaign elements are delivered on in full. Preparation of deal memos & coordination of “Playbooks” for larger campaigns should be facilitated by the AAE, and weekly agency status calls or emails on ratings/reporting on campaigns may be led by the AAE. Coordination with ad opps on liability and campaign delivery is critical to ensure revenue is recognized. AAE also to check plans are booked in the system, confirmed schedules, alignment on CPMs and ensure all the sponsorship elements are getting executed.
Post-Sales: AAE works alongside the AE to ensure that a renewal of the deal is likely and/or that the client will want to continue to do business with DMED. Responsibilities include coordinating with the sales comm & marketing teams on all recap sites/decks, as well as with research on any custom studies, EDO results or reporting. The AAE can also organize pulling of video clips to be shared with the agency and providing topline success stories as well (in some specific cases, the AAE might be required).
- 4+ years in media planning experience for a major publisher or agency
- Experience within Linear and/or Digital platforms
- Proven strategic thinker with the ability to analyze data and translate it into specific and measurable tactics, actions, and outcomes
- Problem solver with the ability to collaborate and work across functions
- Understanding of how our clients set priorities and performance goals, and how we can align our product portfolio to best fulfill those needs
- Demonstrate proficiency in media math and analysis
- Ability to manipulate data for analysis and presentation
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization abilities
- Ability to multi-task, make decisions and manage at entrepreneurial speed