Associate, Digital Fundraising & Advocacy, M+R
By She Runs It
Associate, Digital Fundraising & Advocacy
We’re looking for an Associate to join one of the best firms in the do-gooder business in our Digital Fundraising and Advocacy Practice Area. When you come work for us, here’s what you’ll find: Work that is awesome. We only work with clients who are changing the world. And, we say no to clients if we don’t believe in their cause or if we can’t help them. Colleagues you can count on. Kind, dedicated, passionate people who bring the smarts, get things done, and help you to do your best, too. So that’s us.
Now about the work… We run digital fundraising, membership, and advocacy programs for our clients. Lots of politically progressive groups like Planned Parenthood, League of Conservation Voters, and PETA. Cultural organizations we love, like the American Museum of Natural History. And many causes that are working in the most dire situations in the world such as the American Red Cross and Oxfam America. Day-to-day, we’re figuring out how to find, recruit, and retain supporters in order to raise revenue, win campaigns, and build brand recognition and loyalty for our clients.
Here’s what you’ll be doing in this role:
- Work in a team to create and implement effective digital campaigns for clients.
- Manage eCRM technology such as EveryAction and Luminate to code email communications in HTML and run queries to launch emails.
- Execute A/B testing plans to optimize emails and webforms.
- Pull and analyze data email messaging, fundraising performance, advocacy engagement, and more.
- Help draft action alerts, social media copy, and other creative materials.
- Project management: Keep task lists, meetings agendas, and communications calendars across your clients. Wrangle colleagues at all levels to keep your teams working effectively. Do your part to help us run smoothly – including carefully tracking all of your client hours as well as pitching in with small office management responsibilities.
Skills and experiences required for this role:
- 1-3 years of full-time digital marketing experience, or at least 6 months of exclusive, full-time email marketing experience.
- Demonstrated ability to use and learn digital marketing tools and technologies (e.g. coding basic HTML by hand, peer-to-peer texting programs like ThruText, eCRMs like EveryAction and Luminate, database management).
- Capability to crunch numbers in Excel and draw insights from the results.
Skills and experiences we expect of all M+R employees:
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize your time to meet deadlines for multiple projects.
- Strong ability to write clearly, concisely, and logically.
- Proven track record to successfully pick up new skills on the job.
- Successful experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Capability to tackle big projects by breaking them down into smaller pieces.
- Ability to see a problem and propose a solution.
- Unrelenting drive to seek what can be improved and offer ways to fix any potential roadblocks.
- Understanding of how your words and actions affect others.
- Kindness and consideration for others.
- Experience bringing a lens of inclusivity to all of your interactions with colleagues.
- Passion for the role that your work plays in creating change in the world.
- Drive to work collaboratively – soliciting ideas, seeing each other\’s perspectives, and always doing what you say you will do.
- Comfort admitting what you don’t know and recognizing that seeking and receiving feedback is part of the learning process.
Skills and experiences that are preferred, but not required:
- Have worked in an agency setting or at another consulting firm.
- Have experience with non-digital fundraising, whether that’s direct mail, telemarketing, canvassing, grant management, mid-level, and/or major giving.
- Have worked for nonprofits, electoral campaigns, and/or other issue campaigns.
Salary, benefits and some perks:
- This is a non-exempt, unionized position, represented by the Washington-Baltimore News Guild.
- The base salary is $52,000 with eligibility for an approximate $3,100 year-end bonus depending on start date and firmwide performance.
- We also offer a generous benefits package, plus some perks: Three week’s vacation as well as paid sick and personal days; Generous health, dental, and vision benefits; 401(k) plan with quarterly employer contributions and employer match; Professional development stipend; Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care, and transit; Free lunch once a week; Regular brainstorms where we cook up our most creative ideas; All kinds of non-traditional benefits depending on which office you’re in. Records and record players. Snack breaks. Cold brew coffee on tap. The fine print: The position could be located in one of the following offices: 1101 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 11 Park Pl, New York, NY 262 Washington St, Boston, MA 1611 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA 1275 East 6th St, Los Angeles, CA To apply, use the button on this page. No calls please.
Of course… M+R is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to change the world. M+R is strengthened by our staff’s diversity, including race and ethnicity, social class, national origin, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, and so much more. We strongly encourage folks from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. About M+R We are communicators, marketers, fundraisers, and campaigners who unleash the power of people to do good. We work exclusively with nonprofits fighting for a just and sustainable world.Apply Now