Associate Director, Strategy, Hearts & Science
By She Runs It
Associate Director, Strategy
Hearts & Science has been inspired by confident marketers seeking business advantage in a world of personalized digital marketing, where CRM and addressable channels converge, and decisions must be made in real time to aggregate effective reach and deliver the right message at the right time.
Designed to inform brand strategies with real-time insights, Hearts & Science is a data-driven marketing agency with expert media planning and buying capabilities, among other services that include shopper marketing, marketing innovation and content activation.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in media planning
- Experience in managing and leading a team
- High level of competency in Account Management and client service
- A thorough understanding of marketing communication channels (including digital)
- Strong knowledge of and skill using syndicated interactive research applications and ad serving
- Excellent presentation skills
- Professional presence, can lead a team by example
- Proven analytical, strategic thinking and communication skills
The ideal candidate is someone who embodies the Hearts & Science culture – someone who is driven, curious, solution-oriented, and willing to hit ‘refresh’ on antiquated planning structures.
The Associate Director, Strategy will have exposure to every aspect of the client’s businesses – from marketing, to revenue, to retail partnerships.
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Build sound strategic frameworks that ladder up to client business goals
- Provide excellent client service by being responsive, accountable and detail oriented
- Be the voice for creating great work
- Bring proactivity and leadership to the clients and the team
- Maintain communication and develop strategic partnerships with key partners – clients, partner agencies, peers, etc.
- Manage planning resources
- Manage, mentor, and motivate direct reports in order to encourage their professional development while providing daily supervision and guidance
- Own consumer insights and inspire tactical representations of strong, clear media strategies
- Set the tone and strategic direction of the team; built around growth and application of learnings
- Understand and direct multiple user touch points that can influence creative and messaging strategies
Hearts & Science is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class