Coordinator, Digital and Social Media Activation, Paramount
By She Runs It
Coordinator, Digital and Social Media Activation
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount’s portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry’s most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
We are a branded content studio. Our goal is to ensure our brand partners are always part of the cultural conversation. We offer full-service marketing capabilities delivering custom content and creative solutions across all our platforms and experiences, driving value for our partners and loyalty with our fans. Long story short, we make killer brand driven content wherever and whenever our partners want it.
At Velocity, we value diversity of thought, and we think your hobbies and unique viewpoints are just as important as your previous work experience. We view the world not only from our offices (though the views are pretty sweet), but also via immersive experiences that inspire us, keep us at the forefront of the ever-changing cultural landscape, and, with any luck, make us better marketers.
SO, WHAT’S THE JOB?
Activation is a group dedicated to campaign development and execution across Paramount Ad Solutions. This role sits on the Kids & Family Activation team which works across Nickelodeon, Nicktoons, TeenNick, Nick Jr. and Nick at Nite, including tentpole events like the Kids’ Choice Awards to develop multi-platform marketing programs for our partners tied to our brands and IP.
We collaborate with the Pitch and Creative teams to develop integrated marketing solutions that drive upfront and scatter budgets, then lead the strategy and activation of digital and social media elements of campaigns in collaboration with channel constituents.
As Coordinator, you will work on client-facing activations focusing on digital and social media marketing program elements, interacting with cross-disciplinary teams including clients, media agencies, sales, creative, production, social media, editorial, programming, legal, and more! You are responsible for managing specific processes, such as vetting ideas with key partner departments, building social media promotional strategies, and supervising the production of custom content! You will also assist with identifying areas of opportunity to reach company and client goals and in turn collaborate with channel partners to develop sellable content and media solutions to bring to market.
The day to day:
- Support the Director of Digital and Social Media, Activation on RFP responses, vetting concepts, developing campaign strategy and elements, and securing inventory across Nickelodeon social media and digital platforms.
- Assist in development of digital and social media sponsorship opportunities tied to channel priorities staying up to date on and informed by trends, technology, and innovation.
- Proactively ideate digital and social media offerings and create corresponding materials.
- Create educational materials that outline new digital and social media products, best practices, and paid media capabilities. Be a resource for internal teams to lean on for continuous education of the digital and social media landscape.
- Build relationships and serve as point person across digital and social media teams, working with respective channel teams to stay informed on editorial plans, sponsor needs and collaborate on in-show and out-of-show sponsor opportunities.
- The Activation Coordinator supports the digital and social media Activation Director and collaborates with Activation Managers and Directors.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ years of experience developing marketing programs across all platforms, with emphasis on digital and social media activation
- Conversant in all social media platforms to best activate fan engagement and marketing strategies
- Strong knowledge of digital and social media and all things pop culture with a passion for creativity and innovation
- Detailed self-starter with the ability to handle many projects, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines, and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively across multiple departments and external parties
- Demonstrate collaboration, problem solving, multi-tasking, project management, and creative ideation
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills; comfortable presenting to large audiences
- Strong desire to work for a global brand and to contribute to innovation in digital media within the organization
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.