Copywriter, The Marketing Arm
By She Runs It
We believe in the power of creativity: creativity that makes people think, feel, and then act.
Creativity brimming with bravery and vision, heart and humor, imagination and truth.
We believe that brands should stand for more than what they’re selling.
With culture as our playground and emotion as our craft, we help our clients
change minds, win hearts, and create memories.
We believe that good people are the key to creating great work. Our halls are filled
with passionate thinkers and makers, seasoned experts and rising stars, who unleash
each other’s brilliance and celebrate every win as a team.
Together, we bring ideas from the page into the world, ideas that are so audacious, so original,
so meaningful that they couldn’t come from you or me – only we.
WE ARE TMA. CREATIVITY THAT MATTERS.
TMA Copywriters are conceptual thinkers and storytellers. Every word put to paper is strategically sound, and grammatically impeccable. We don’t write ads. We write conversations an audience will welcome. We self-edit and know when not to. We’re team players for whom no job is too small and no deadline too tight. We wear many hats and we speak in many voices. We are jugglers. We are go-getters. We are built-in proofreaders. And we can take a punch and not be knocked out.
- Developing big idea concepts that span multiple touchpoints: promotional, experiential, social and so on.
- Handling all copywriting duties within a group, from ads to signage to scripts and manifestos.
- Understanding input from Creative Directors and clients, and effectively applying feedback to creative executions.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of cultural and business trends.
- Effectively building relationships with teammates and clients.
- Maintaining a flexible work schedule, as weekend and extended workdays are sometimes necessary.
- Demonstrating knowledge of the marketplace our clients operate in, strategy, and the competitive landscape.
- Ability to prove fully vaccinated status.
- Experience in shopper marketing.
- Solid portfolio showcasing the ability to create work that includes (but not limited to) succinct headlines that leave a mark.
- 2-4 years of agency experience as a Copywriter.
- Bachelor’s degree in a directly related field (Advertising, Journalism, Marketing, English, etc.).
- A proven concepting powerhouse – from developing the nugget of an idea to crafting it into a persuasive sell-in deck
- Strong presentation skills mandatory.
- Strong problem-solving, communication, and relationship-building skills.
- Understand how to craft ideas that appeal to diverse cultural markets
- Self-motivation, and ability to creatively and strategically solve multiple problems at once, under quick deadlines.
- Ability to brainstorm in large and small groups, or independently if necessary.
- Knowledge of PowerPoint, Keynote and InDesign a plus.
TMA Perks & Benefits:
- Continuous training, educational programs, speaker series and workshops
- Culture events throughout the year (just virtually now!)
- Communities to connect with:
- TMACares (Volunteering)
- DiscoverTMA (Furthering diversity and inclusion)
- TMA Women’s Initiative (Fostering the growth and achievements of women)
- Wellness Group (Helping to improve the mental, physical and emotional wellbeing of employees)
- Competitive vacation plan, sick days and personal days to prioritize your mental health
- Summer Flex Fridays
- Robust holiday schedule
- Parental leave
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan