Digital Product Manager – The Ad Council
By She Runs It
Digital Product Manager
Who we are:
The Ad Council is where creativity and causes converge at scale. We are a national non-profit organization, bringing together the brightest minds in the marketing, media, advertising and tech industries to inspire change around the most critical social issues facing our country. We produce and activate communications campaigns that drive awareness and behavior change, creating a lasting impact on American life. We are behind the iconic social good communications programs featuring Smokey Bear, “Friends Don’t Let Friends Drive Drunk” and “Love Has No Labels.” Our unprecedented efforts around COVID-19 now include the largest communications initiative in U.S. history, “It’s Up To You,” which educates Americans about the COVID-19 vaccines.
The Ad Council’s Media Team is looking for a Digital Product Manager to implement the digital product strategy and roadmap for a subset of Ad Council campaigns. You will work on projects ranging in size and scope from managing the production of a landing page to robust websites with many interactive features. We are looking for a passionate digital professional who wants to help us build best in class digital products for social good. In this role, you will get to work with the top advertising, digital, social and media agencies in the country as well as talented web developers and user experience leaders in the field. You will be part of a team that values innovation, collaboration and prioritizes our end users.
The compensation for this position is within the range of $65,000 – $77,000 annually (based on experience level). The compensation package also includes an annual incentive, comprehensive benefit offerings, and generous paid time off.
What you’ll do:
- Work collaboratively with external designers, copywriters, account managers, developers, paid search specialists and other teams on social good digital products
- Drive the campaign’s digital product strategy and conceive an overall product roadmap that will bring the strategy to fruition with Director or SVP
- Drive the execution of the roadmap and deliver against campaign KPIs and objectives with Director or SVP
- Communicate proactively and effectively to the larger campaign team to keep everyone informed of progress
- Work with research and analytics teams to establish digital product KPIs and ensure that they are being achieved
- Work with product vendors to develop SOWs and timelines and deliver products within scope and budget
- Work on other digital product and media team initiatives with Director or SVP such as helping to manage our external UX committee, comprised of senior UX practitioners from advertising, media and technology companies who volunteer their time to give feedback on our products, search initiatives, emerging technology and digital media strategy and optimization.
What you bring:
- 1+ years in project management, preferably at a digital agency or managing a digital product such as a website
- Familiarity with using project management software
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with any website CMS platforms
- Exercise good judgment, operate with warmth, a collaborative approach and ‘can do’ mindset
- Previous experience prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines while handling several projects
- Ability to work with colleagues and projects in the East Coast time zone (if remote)