Director, Marketing Analytics – Javelin Agency (Dallas, TX)
By She Runs It
Director, Marketing Analytics
As a Director on our Marketing Analytics team, you’ll be the lead architect and visionary for one of the agency’s largest accounts. You’ll also be a voice for Javelin and within the industry, a highly visible advocate who speaks confidently and credibly, both externally and internally.
In our data-driven world, you’ll help create innovative approaches to CRM based on customer data and analytics You’ve seen more patterns, have a rich capacity for convincing a client to act, and a finely tuned ability to integrate disparate ideas by linking the data to desired outcomes.
We’re looking for a mature mix of skills: data science, marketing, research, communication, insight, presentation and leadership.
**This position will be based in either Los Angeles, CA or Dallas, TX**
What you’ll do:
- Architect and help deliver the marketing performance reporting platform for one of the agency’s largest accounts.
- Interact daily with Javelin Analytics and tech teams, most of whom are in Dallas.
- Drive the use of data to create a strategic analytics framework for cultivating and producing insights that build our clients’ brands by identifying and maximizing key customer experience touch points and measuring ROI to prove it.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of client business strategy, products, competitors and industry standards.
- Serve as day-to-day analytics partner to the clients, using excellent communication and strong presentation skills internally and with clients of all levels.
- Oversee the analytics strategy and reporting on complex CXRM and digital engagement programs — from planning to development to execution to evaluation — through dashboard development and tracking/measuring deliverables.
- Counsel clients on business opportunities, providing strong recommendations on project and partnership priorities.
- Perform data analysis, effectively summarizing findings and sharing actionable applications with colleagues and clients.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of digital and social platforms, trends and measurement approaches with an enthusiastic pursuit of continuous learning.
- Oversee the development of metrics, dashboard reports and campaign test design.
- Apply innovative data analytics methodologies to drive customer insights for our clients’ brands.
- Collaborate extensively with the creative, technology, analytics and account management teams and more, to add value to all client relationships.
- Engage and take a lead in business development efforts.
What you’ve got:
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking ability with deep understanding of digital media, technologies and trends.
- Inquisitive nature and desire to develop compelling insights that drive integrated marketing analytics across the customer journey.
- Proven ability to develop trusted client partnerships.
- Confidence, leadership and the ability to lead a direct and matrixed support team in a different location.
- Ability to anticipate needs that the client may not yet recognize and ensure that approaches and creative solutions are linked to client objectives with supportive data.
- Savviness to know how to build and influence relationships that demonstrate an understanding of client business and build confidence in Javelin’s expertise.
- Excellent writing and communication skills; ability to personally prepare client-ready deliverables and presentations.
- Able to effectively communicate compelling insights from qualitative and quantitative inputs.
- Successful track record of working independently and autonomously while being a valued partner with strong relationships.
- Innate curiosity that drives you to pursue and bring to life new ideas and solutions in partnership with your teammates.
- Ability to prioritize, problem-solve and remain poised, positive and productive in high-pressure situations.
- Fun and collaborative, looking to help lead, develop and add to the agency’s marketing expertise and relevance.
- Action-oriented with a strong sense of accountability.
- Creative thinker with analytical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25%, sometimes at short notice.
What you’ve done:
- 7-10 years’ work experience in marketing analytics, including 5+ years specifically in customer/CRM analytics (marketing agency experience highly preferred).
- Post-graduate degree in a quantitative field or MBA.
- Passion for managing, mentoring and cultivaing a team.
- Possess strong background in statistics, with working knowledge of experimental and test design.
- Experience in managing data and data mining.
- Experience developing overall engagement strategy and working with various SMEs, discipline leads and teams to execute plans.
- Excellent knowledge of desktop applications and software used for data analysis, manipulation and visualization:
- MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Advanced SAS and SQL (must have both)
- Tableau (preferred)
- In-depth understanding of analytics, database and technology platforms, and media channels.
- Experiential knowledge of multi-/cross-channel and digital marketing techniques for:
- Testing and evaluation of campaign elements
- Tracking and measurement of campaign metrics
- Analysis and reporting of campaign metrics
- Applied experience with a strong understanding of advertising/marketing business objectives and dynamics.