Director, Project Management – Consumer Reports
By She Runs It
Director, Project Management
Consumer Reports is seeking a Director of Project Management to lead the Digital Divisions program and project management teams supporting Consumer Reports Online.
Responsibilities include prioritizing projects, ensuring budget and deadline goals are met, and communicating status to CR’s leadership team. This role also provides hands on project management for critical enterprise strategic initiatives.
- Overall responsibility for enterprise-wide project and program management to support technology, product, business, and strategic enterprise initiatives
- Directs and mentors program managers, project managers and other project management staff
- Defines and develops enterprise-wide IT project management practices, governance standards, processes and metrics to measure the efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensures projects are defined, tracked and communicated in a consistent and effective manner
- Incorporates effective change and risk management controls
- Directs project and program managers with business case development, RFPs, and related documentation
- Responsible for ensuring all projects are prioritized based on accepted criteria, delivered on time, within budget and to an agreed quality level
- Stays abreast of industry trends and best practices, identifying opportunities to improve Consumer Reports’ methods, structure, tools, and staff expertise
- Trains, recruits and manages staff with a focus on creating an innovative, collaborative and performance-driven culture
- Work closely and partners extensively with Product Management, Engineering, QA, Marketing, Content, and Design teams
- Thought leadership, critical thinking and influencing skills are critical abilities in order to drive large numbers of stakeholders toward a common objective on-time and within budget.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or other related field or equivalent work experience
- Project Management certification is a strong preference, ideally in Agile methodology or PMP
- A minimum of 10+ years of IT and business/industry experience is required, preferably in media or technology, with at least 5 years of leadership experience
- Must have experience managing several multi-million dollar projects simultaneously and demonstrated success delivering projects on time and within budget