Events Manager, Brooklyn Law School
By She Runs It
Company: Brooklyn Law School
Location: Brooklyn, NY
SUMMARY: Brooklyn Law School is a distinguished, independent law school located in Brooklyn Heights, New York with a workforce of under 200 employees. The School is searching for an Alumni Events Manager to assist with the planning and on-site support of the Law School’s broad array of events, including academic events, alumni events, student events, as well as community and external events. The Law School’s size, vibrant employee and student population, and commitment to providing the best legal education will offer a candidate the opportunity to produce a wide range of successful programs which will advance the mission of the Law School.
- Meet with outside organizations interested in using Brooklyn Law School’s spaces for their event. This will include walkthroughs, determining the needs for each event, and assisting with providing quotes and invoices
- Serve as an on-site point of contact for the Events Office during certain events (with a focus on alumni events), assisting with guest registration when needed, and ensuring all requirements for events are met
- Work to streamline Events Office policies and procedures
- Produce and distribute a weekly memo detailing all events for the upcoming week with date, time, location, and setup
- Assist with processing requests for space from within the Law School and overseeing the Law School’s master calendar
- Assist with the coordination of AV services, catering, and room setup in advance of events
- After each event and in coordination with the Events team, memorialize the list(s) of attendees, develops post-event recaps, and ensure all data is captured in our alumni database
- A bachelor’s degree
- At least two years of experience in events, hospitality, or customer service
- A demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Be able to manage multiple priorities and make quick decisions in a fast-paced environment
- An aptitude to learn new programs and technological tools of the trade.
- Adept at interacting with all constituencies within the Law School as well as external groups with whom the Law School interacts
- Customer service and diplomacy skills
- Must be willing to work early mornings, evenings, occasional weekends, and travel to regional alumni events.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook