Executive Assistant, Office of the CEO & Founder (Remote Option), AccuWeather
By She Runs It
Executive Assistant- Administrative Manager, Office of the CEO & Founder
AccuWeather is seeking an Executive Assistant (EA) to provide administrative and organizational support to our CEO, Founder & Chairman. As the Administrative Manager of the EA team, you will be responsible for managing the CEO, Founder & Chairman’s busy email inbox. You will transcribe recordings and provide research of requested information for email communications and reports being sent by the CEO, Founder & Chairman. Using your superior organizational skills, you will ensure that all requests are followed up on and completed.
We are looking for an EA who can work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, supporting the other EAs in the office of the CEO, Founder & Chairman. You will be looked upon to project a professional company image through in-person, email and phone interaction.
The Executive Assistant can either work onsite at AccuWeather’s Headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, or remote candidates are also being considered.
AccuWeather’s CEO, Founder & Chairman – Dr. Joel N. Myers
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of AccuWeather, has been recognized in Entrepreneur Magazine’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs book as one of the greatest entrepreneurs in American history. He is a proven visionary leader, founding AccuWeather in 1962 and successfully establishing it as the largest and fastest-growing weather media company as well as a global leader in weather-related data, business, and predictive analytics.
Dr. Myers is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology” and the nation’s most respected authority on the business of meteorology, having been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times. He received the American Meteorological Society’s 2018 Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Advancement of Applied Meteorology and the National Weather Association’s 2017 Lifetime Achievement Award, in addition to numerous other accolades, and he has published papers in numerous leading scientific journals, including Scientific American and The Journal of Applied Meteorology as well as in the American Academy of Engineers, The Bridge. He has made hundreds of TV appearances, including on CNBC, FOX and FOX Business News. His comments and quotes have been included on the pages of TIME, Business Week, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The Washington Post, and thousands of other publications and he has appeared in a TEDx Talk.
- Manage/process/monitor/track transcriptions including correspondence, meetings notes, business letters, and revisions.
- Attend meetings and track action items.
- Email management
- Prioritize incoming emails and tracking emails that require an action.
- Provide any additional research of requested information for email communications and reports being sent by the CEO, Founder & Chairman.
- Coordinate CEO recognition/appreciation of team members.
- Assist with coordination and planning of events CEO, Founder & Chairman will be participating in, including Board of Directors meetings.
- Social media management (LinkedIn) including requests and messages.
- Work with a C- & L- level executives and business leaders on a variety of projects related to the Office of the CEO, Founder and Chairman.
- Maintain and update list of major projects and track deliverables
- Act as backup to Data Manager, Scheduler Manager and External Project Manager within the Office of the CEO, Founder and Chairman including such projects as scheduling, and financials.
- Support processing of yearly performance evaluations.
- Drive locally to deliver key items to CEO, Founder & Chairman’s residence in the State College area.
- Other duties as assigned
- Education level of an associate degree or higher; Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years administrative experience working in a business/office environment.
- Ability to interact effectively with high-level executives.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to demonstrate WPM count of at least 70.
- Superior communication skills including ability to speak effectively with external visitors and clients.
- Transcription experience.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License since minimal local travel is expected
- Availability to response to urgent needs outside of typical business hours
- While we are considering remote candidates, in the United States, AccuWeather is only able to hire team members in the following states due to taxation purposes: CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MN, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI and WY.
Who We Are
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; and offices in New York City and elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
AccuWeather’s innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning and propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience and comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 and thousands of other businesses in the U.S. and globally.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.Apply Now