Manager, Ad Sales Research & Insights, ViacomCBS
By She Runs It
Manager, Ad Sales Research & Insights
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry’s most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
The Ad Sales Research & Insights team is a division of ViacomCBS Ad Sales. We elevate the value of ViacomCBS’ diverse and distributed audiences for advertising partners. We empower our sellers with measurement, strategic insights and data clout for their clients. This group is charged with making the consumer connection with ViacomCBS’ many varied audiences across all platforms by providing expertise in generational and life stage segments. We specialize in studies, surveys, data sets and metrics that help internal and external clients further their knowledge of targets, engagement, consumerism, ad efficiency and culture.
On this team, we value diversity of thought, and we believe your hobbies and unique viewpoints are just as important as your previous work experience! We view the world not only from our desks, but also via immersive experiences that inspire us, keep us at the forefront of the ever-changing cultural landscape, and, with any luck, make us better researchers and strategists.
Overview & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of Ad Sales Research & Insights, the Manager will be a performance and impact specialist, managing the ad sales research efforts regarding performance and impact of partnerships across all ViacomCBS brands and beyond. This role is a key member of the team that specializes in ad effectiveness measurement for big tentpole sponsorships, major top shelf programming partnerships and integrations, digital/social campaigns, influencer partnerships and advanced advertising campaigns. The Manager leads and presents effectiveness campaigns for clients, with varying methodologies, critical metrics and audience targets. This is a fast-paced group that requires flexibility, attention to detail, and a strong background in project management!
The day to day:
- Measure the performance and impact of traditional and non-traditional advertising campaigns
- Lead these studies with various third party vendors and clients’ metrics
- Supervise and guide vendor relationships to ensure full picture measurement, budget, timing and final deliverables meet forecasts
- Possess strong data proficiency and project management skills and set a high standard on how results are brought to life and visualized to support priorities and partnerships
- Lead development of innovative and strategic research pieces rooted in results that advance the business, establish expertise on key products and business objectives
- Effectively manage, motivate, and inspire staff to enhance their potential and grow to the next level
- Compellingly present effectiveness campaign results, as well as data-driven research, to internal and external constituencies
- 3+ years’ experience in media or consumer research
- 3+ years managing ad effectiveness studies from start to finish
- Skilled in various ad effectiveness testing methodologies (brand lift studies, geolocation studies, digital/social studies, sales lift studies), and working with multiple vendors
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with a desire to lead and teach others
- Ability to solve problems strategically, think creatively and be extremely detail oriented
- A pro in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint/Keynote, Excel and Outlook
- Highly organized and able to lead numerous projects with varied methodologies simultaneously