Media Supervisor, Spectrum Science
By She Runs It
Brace your career – you’re going beyond the science quo with Spectrum. We’re the integrated marketing, communications and media agency that’s out of this world. We’re fiercely independent and 100% science-focused so we can go where other “science-light” agencies can’t or won’t. Together with superhuman strategy, atomic creative, intermedia magic, interwoven ingenuity and indomitable innovation we dream beyond the realm of the possible – and do it.
The Media Supervisor must have a love for strategic thinking blended with an ability to roll up their sleeves and see things through to execution and optimization. They will have proven themselves as an energetic and collaborative team member with responsibilities on high performing brands/accounts. They are ready to show—and teach—junior media planning specialists how it’s done.
Ideally, the right candidate will possess an interest in healthcare and the scientific process and how to reach various audiences – from patients to healthcare professionals and everyday practitioners to thought leaders. An idea partner, they know that collaboration is key, and works lockstep with fellow disciplines to deliver high quality work to set the tone for what performance excellence looks like.
For this role, you will be a key member of an integrated cross-functional team working to bring marketing and communications campaigns to life through all types of paid media from print and broadcast to digital advertising and emerging mediums.
As a leader on the paid media team, you must be able to collaboratively lead internal and client strategic thinking to ensure that proposed media tactics directly achieve client strategic imperatives. You must also be an effective team leader mentoring a world-class team of cross-functional media planners and optimizers.
- Manage, mentor, and grow a cross-functional team of media planners and optimizers
- Develop and document team processes and best practices
- Lead the media planning, negotiation, and deployment, and optimization process for assigned clients from beginning to end
- Identify and procure or conduct research on media consumption and trends for target audiences
- Develop media strategies that directly address client objectives
- Directly and through junior staff manage media schedules, budget reconciliation, develop and send RFPs to identified media partners
- Critically evaluate and compare RFP responses and negotiate added value while building and maintaining high trust and respect relationships with external media partners
- Work with internal account and subject matter expert teams to collaboratively develop strategic brand plans with integrated media
- Develop and nurture relationships with key media partners and stay on top of emerging trends, technologies, and paid media opportunities
- Educate internal teams on the media planning process, deliverables, timelines, and help upskill broad agency paid media proficiency
- Plan across all paid media channels from digital channels like display, native, search, and social, to traditional channels like print and OOH, as well as video and audio advertising
- Show a collaborative, flexible, and solution oriented working style and be prepared to roll up your sleeves when a hands-on approach is needed
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 3 years planning experience within the agency environment digital ad agency
- Core competency/capability in traditional and offline channel planning
- Minimum 2 year’s experience with Patients & Healthcare Professional pharmaceutical advertising
- Management experience
- Working knowledge in digital advertising platforms including Google AdWords, Facebook Ad Manager, Programmatic DSPs, and other relevant media platforms
- Experience with campaign management, ad serving, and viewability/fraud prevention technology
- Working knowledge of third-party media research and competitive monitoring tools
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Excellent presentation skills
- Able to travel to meet client and agency needs
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong attention to detail
You choose where you work. We are a hybrid work environment with options to work in one of our four offices (DC, NYC, Chicago and Atlanta), remotely anywhere in the United States, or a combination.
Spectrum is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Apply Now