Partner, Director, Client Investment, GroupM (MediaCom)
By She Runs It
Partner, Director, Client Investment
At GroupM, we believe that work is a part of life, not the other way around. To support that belief, we have recently adopted a “collaboration-led” hybrid approach to work in order to provide employees with the flexibility to do the best work of their lives no matter where they are working. This means that for roles where it makes sense, you’ll spend some of your time in our incredible workspaces (when it’s safe to do so) and some of your time remote. Check out this updated list of where we can hire:
- California – LA or SF
- Colorado – Denver
- Florida – Miami/Fort Lauderdale
- Georgia – Atlanta
- Illinois – Chicago
- Massachusetts – Boston
- Michigan – Detroit
- New York – New York City tri-state area (NY, NJ, CT)
- North Carolina – Raleigh/Durham
- Texas – Austin or Dallas/Fort Worth
- Utah – Salt Lake City
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Our Digital Investment team works in conjunction with our planning teams and is responsible for the negotiating and purchasing of digital media – including content integrations, premium video, mobile and OTT. DIG’s value is driven by its ability to negotiate and deliver business insights and results within fixed rate inventory. Additionally, DIG is an integral part of maximizing our client’s ad accountability and protocols as it relates to viewability, fraud, brand safety, and ad experience. The DIG collaborates closely with each of our agency’s digital RTB divisions across search, social and programmatic.
The overall objective for the Digital Investment Associate is to support the Digital Investment Group on plan development and investment maintenance. The Digital Investment Associate is process oriented, has a strong attention to detail, and demonstrates curiosity and commitment to executional excellence. Much of your day involves corresponding with some of the largest digital platforms in the world and helping them deliver appropriate business solutions to our brands; collaborating across ad operations, finance and marketing sciences to ensure proper buy entry, reporting and analytics accuracy, and ensuring your brand’s digital investments are trafficked according to your brand’s interests. Additionally – you are learning and developing core knowledge of digital investment basics, tools, and protocols that build towards a strong advertising foundation.
To succeed here, we expect you to be operating with an all hands on deck outlook, be a creative problem-solver and willing to face any task.
3 BEST THINGS ABOUT THE JOB:
- Visibility to some of the world’s most prolific ad platforms, technology, and experiences. Your role explores the nuts and bolts of these offerings and their relevance to our brands.
- Partner to deliver success for our brands and organization with several core divisions including, but not limited to, Marketing Sciences, Finance, and Ad Operations.
- We’re a high velocity team who collaborate well, give regular feedback to each other and celebrate the big as well as the #smallwins.
- Assist Senior Associate and Manager on plan development and recommendation development by Issuing requests to marketplace and organizing proposals
- Help provide data and background for the development of Point of Views of relevant partners and opportunities
- Meet with industry representatives to gain insight to all phases and points of contact of media partners
- Work with the Senior Associate and Manager on implementation and optimization of campaigns, including by keeping up to date on all communications with planning team including buy authorizations, tracking reports, buy changes, creative specifications, etc.
- Assist Senior Associates and Managers to enter final buys into proprietary system and issue insertion orders while working with planning teams and ad ops to traffic campaigns
- Ongoing management and stewardship of campaigns
- Work with the Analytics and Research team on reporting and analysis to benchmark and value reporting
- Pre-campaign checks and balances to ensure all media is measured accurately
- Coordination and input on standard buy campaign reporting
- Ensure accurate and timely vendor invoice approval and reconciliation with Finance teams by reviewing monthly delivery data and align on payable totals with media partners
- Assist with client financials such as budget reconciliation and budget management
- High level of comfort and proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Knowledge of Prisma or other buy entry tools a plus.
- Exceptional organization skills, multi-tasking capabilities and detail oriented
- Showcase a natural gift for grasping concepts quickly and making good judgments
- Ability to work on own initiative; pre-emptive and proactive; constantly thinking ahead; demonstrating a hands-on and highly organized approach to all tasks
- You are comfortable with ambiguity – flexible & adaptable with a willingness to learn and ‘muck in’ where ever needed
- Collaborative and astute – able to build trust and respect within our network
GroupM is the world’s leading media investment company responsible for more than $63B in annual media investment through agencies Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. GroupM’s portfolio includes Data & Technology, Investment, and Services, all united in vision to shape the next era of media where advertising works better for people. By leveraging all the benefits of scale, the company innovates, differentiates and generates sustained value for our clients wherever they do business.Apply Now