Sales Director, Upwave
By She Runs It
Upwave is the Brand Intelligence Platform. We make brand marketing more impactful.
Upwave plans, measures, and optimizes brand marketing. We provide a software & data platform to the world’s largest brand marketers.
Our customers are Fortune 500 companies across multiple verticals – including CPG, food & beverage, consumer technology & telecom, and financial services – as well as the world’s largest advertising agencies and media platforms.
We are unapologetically supportive of brand advertising, and work hard every day to prove its value; we know if companies can measure the value of those dollars, they’ll spend more. Brand advertising pays for not only the movies we watch and music we hear, but the journalism we read and the information we access. In short, brand advertising supports the free flow of information through society. So, we’re proud to be the first company dedicated to using data science to show enterprises the true effectiveness of their brand spend.
We are backed by leading venture investors (Y Combinator, Uncork Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Initialized Capital, PivotNorth, Ridge Ventures, Industry Ventures, Conductive Ventures,) and leading MarTech founders & CEOs.
We’re a humble but ambitious team that takes its work seriously but never ourselves. Come join us.
The Enterprise Sales Director is the engine for Upwave’s business which is doubling annually. Our senior individual contributor sales people are running complex sales cycles with a very technical product. Our sales people have deep expertise in Adtech, Martech and programmatic platforms and understand how to sell cross-functionally and leverage the internal Upwave team to close business. This is a senior level sales role selling our Brand Intelligence Platform to large media companies, publishers and platforms, who sell media to agencies and brand marketers, and need the Upwave measurement solution to validate the brand impact effectiveness of that media.
What you will do:
- Upwave is looking for a top-producing Enterprise Sales Director who can expand our client base in the New York area. You will be one of the first Upwave Sales Directors located in the New York-Metro area so you will be tasked with the huge opportunity to evangelize and sell to a hungry and untapped market.
- You don’t shy away from challenges and can function autonomously in an unstructured environment.
- You thrive at managing a multiple month sales cycle (initial prospect to close) and setting those publisher and platform customers up for repeat business.
- You’ll be responsible to seed, grow, and harvest each publisher and platform relationship, following a land and expand model.
- You are a hunter who forges “top of mind,” long-term relationships that grow over time.
- You will invest the time to truly understand the publisher and the publisher customer needs, and then you will communicate precisely to our internal teams on how we can best serve them.
- You have experience working with the largest national/global publishers and platforms (DSPs) who sell to blue-chip brands and their agencies, and a deep understanding of how to engage multiple publisher teams and partners to get deals done.
- You know how to run multi-month sales cycles at the same time at high levels of an organization selling to media, sales and analytics VPs, SVPs and C-level executives.
- You have experience selling and contracting a software platform with annual and multi-year licenses and subscriptions.
- You know what ARR, ACV, LTV mean and understand how these are aligned with a growing SaaS company.
- You understand the politics in the media world that exist between sell-side publishers, brands, agencies, and ad serving platforms can navigate the complex landscape.
- You’re a digital native; programmatic marketing and technology platforms linking buy and sell side platforms are familiar to you.
- You do not shy away from a complex and technical sale.
- You engage with customers with a focus on metrics, data and action. When faced with customers focused on bottom funnel metrics like CPCV, CPM, Viewability or CPA you can help tie those bottom funnel metrics back to a bigger picture.
- You are motivated by big growth targets and big, uncapped, commissions.
- You value quality of work over quantity, and strategy is an integral part of your sales cycle. Hustle is in your DNA.
- You are thoughtful & introspective about your sales approach; it bothers you when people don’t consider sales an intellectual pursuit.
- You understand the value of networking. Opportunities exist everywhere, and you look to add value to those in your network as you build it.
- You understand your goal is to provide the best and most informed customer experience, close your deals and drive in revenue
- You are an Enterprise seller with 5-8 years of experience and have held at least a $1.5 million of new customer revenue annual quota – you exceed your quota year after year
- You have experience selling subscriptions and licenses with long sales cycles to senior exec buyers
- You have been successful at selling Adtech software and platforms. You understand the ecosystem and how the technical puzzle pieces fit together
- You are able to navigate an enterprise sales cycle and have the ability to appeal to executive decision makers (VPs, C-Suite)
- You have the ability to pitch Upwave, act as a domain expert (get technical when needed!) and effectively manage the “procurement to close” process.
- You are familiar and comfortable with the startup world
- You know how to sell a product without a huge name behind you and more importantly you understand and appreciate how processes can be ever-changing and ambiguity can be the norm.
- You are a self-starter, can find answers yourself, and don’t always need someone to show you what to do next.
- You are on a constant hunt to deepen your knowledge and enjoy collaborating cross functionally to create best of breed solutions for our customers. This is an individual contributor role, but you value teamwork.
Upwave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.Apply Now