Senior Account Executive, Lifestyle, Food and Beverage Public Relations, BerlinRosen
By She Runs It
Senior Account Executive, Lifestyle, Food and Beverage Public Relations
Named one of America’s best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm. BerlinRosen takes a message-first, results-focused approach to communications challenges, delivering high impact media, digital strategy and advertising to top brands, companies and organizations across a variety of industries and sectors.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE LIFESTYLE TEAM
Our Lifestyle team works on some of the most forward-looking projects in NYC and around the country, including Michelin star chef Daniel Boulud, Fulton Street Market, Brookfield Place, Wythe Hotel, Singapore Airlines, RVshare, the World Trade Center complex, the 92nd Street Y, Lincoln Center, Queens Museum, Boston Seaport and Domino Park.
Our clients trust us with critical strategic communications plans leading the reopening of the city. We have delivered major wins like steering visitors back to the Meatpacking District, building anticipation for One Vanderbilt’s observation deck, bringing attention back to luxury and fashion, and showing off our client’s innovation. All placed on leading lifestyle outlets.
A part of the Cities division, the Lifestyle team offers the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, innovative, passionate team where entrepreneurialism is encouraged. You will be among 30+ self-proclaimed news junkies, culture vultures, and lifestyle lovers obsessed with developing the future of major cities and brands.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Calling all media specialists and creative storytellers to join our growing Lifestyle team. In this unique role, you will help promote programs that drive media and consumers to make reservations at restaurants, attend events, exhibits and openings, while also raising the profile of hotels, chefs, museums and restaurant brands that make New York City one of the most dynamic and exciting environments on earth. You will work with a team of experts and take on pitching and media relations responsibilities that are vital to client success.
The position is ideal for candidates with 3-4 years of relevant experience in communications, public relations, culinary circles, culture & design, journalism, travel, real estate and destination marketing. Excellent writing skills, attention to detail and media relations experience are a must.
The starting annual salary for SAEs on the Lifestyle team is $70,000, with some flexibility possible depending on experience. Staff also benefit from competitive end-of-year bonuses pending firm, team and individual performances.
Note: BerlinRosen staff are currently working remotely, though this role will be based in New York, New York when we return to our offices. The Lifestyle team is expected to be in the New York City area as this role may require presence in New York, NY prior to our offices reopening in a hybrid model (date TBD), depending on client needs. Our return to office plan is contingent on public health safety protocols. On an optional basis, our NY offices is currently open to staff (with proof of vaccination).
As a SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, you will be….
- Creating unique and eye-catching story angles about our clients to pitch to the media and that result in successful coverage
- Identifying new contacts and developing strong relationships with relevant media outlets and leads
- Writing and editing persuasive external and internal documents such as media monitoring reports, meeting agendas, press releases, personalized pitches, fact sheets, talking points
- Securing press and influencers for events, hotel openings, press visits, and trips; please note this is not a social media position
- Developing and maintaining media lists and databases
- Assisting with implementing strategy and campaign planning for multiple high-profile client accounts
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS….
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in a relevant position dealing with media outreach; must have experience beyond internships
- Passionate about travel, culture, arts, hospitality, retail, real estate, and architecture
- An ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated relationships with reporters and strong news sense
- An ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with varying levels of staff, clients, the media, et al
- Strong attention to detail
- An ability to work with a team to meet group objectives