Senior Account Executive, PR, MullenLowe U.S.
By She Runs It
Senior Account Executive, PR
At MullenLowe, we feel that Public Relations is not about self-proclamation. It’s about talk value. It’s about earning an unfair share of attention. We take pride in our ability to think creatively, popping the brands that we represent into cultural conversations that matter most. As a two-time Global Creative PR Agency of the Year, we understand how to get people talking.
A Senior Account Executive (SAE) drives day-to-day development of PR activities within approved plans, building relationships and anticipating problems and opportunities for our clients. They come to the table with innovative and creative ideas that capture the attention of press while working fluidly within a team and independently across projects.
They are a steward of the news and culture with a proven track record securing press coverage, managing influencer programs and thrive in a fast, team-based agency culture. They are driven, detail-oriented, curious, and hungry to do great work, collaborating with other offices and disciplines as needed.
This is a full-time exempt position based in [MullenLowe Office Location] and reports to the Account Director. This position does not manage direct reports.
- Maintain appropriate client contact often supporting multiple clients simultaneously
- Attend and participate in client meetings and brainstorms
- Facilitate client status documents, call reports and action items
- Monitor and share client industry news
- Perform media relations activities including:
- Media list management
- Press material development and distribution
- Develop and maintain press contacts
- Lead influencer and social media programming
- Manage event programming where appropriate
- Manage measurement tools and reporting
- Ideate for client plans and programs
- Participate in and help with new business presentations when called upon
- Provide guidance to and mentor junior staff and interns
- Coordinate and process client billing
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications preferred; or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in an agency, start up, client-side role or equivalent experience in a relevant creative industry
- Knowledge and practical application of media relations, influencer relations, social media and/or PR measurement practices and tools preferred
- A proven track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound critical and creative thinking skills and maintaining composure in stressful situations
- Soft Skills:
- Strong storytelling and administrative skills to consistently deliver quality work to the team and clients
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Ability to think creatively
- Agile high performer who can adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines
- Effectively articulate exceptional clear and concise communications
- Thrives in fast-paced creative environment, often working under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Strong writing skills
- Strong media relations skills