Senior Sales Engineer, Oracle Advertising
By She Runs It
Senior Sales Engineer
As a Senior Sales Consultant you will be responsible for providing presales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision. Acts as a technical resource for less experienced Sales Consultants. Develop and deliver high quality standard Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Present and articulate advanced product features and benefits, product future direction and overall Oracle solutions. Design, validate, and present Oracle software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products. Develop and manage reference sites through high quality technical, professional client relationships.
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 5 years relevant computer applications or database/tools. Demonstrated proficiency in one multi-user operating system. Through knowledge of system and application design. Strong verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments. Ability to travel as needed. BS degree or equivalent; advanced degree desirable.
If you are a Colorado resident, Please Contact us or Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include this Job ID: 134721 in the subject line of the email.
Oracle Advertising (OA) helps advertisers, digital media, and AdTech companies succeed by connecting their media to the world’s largest platform of 1:1 offline purchasing data and the broadest set of online data. Only OA leverages over $2 trillion in consumer spending to target and measure the effectiveness of digital advertising across all key verticals, including Retail, CPG, Automotive, Technology, Telecom and Financial Services. OA partners with over 200 providers of media and services to the MarTech and AdTech ecosystems.
In this role, you will provide go-to-market support for Oracle’s context and audience targeting tools by helping to position and support the go-to-market sales efforts into OA’s brand, publisher, channel, and agency clients. This role also includes aspects of strategy, product, and business development to help increase adoption of OA’s context and audience tools with existing customers and define the strategy and execution for acquiring new ones.
Candidate must be a product thought leader who has interfaced with sales and solution functions, and has deep knowledge of AdTech context, audience, and delivery platforms. They should understand important features and functionality for clients, all marketing use cases supported by these platforms, and the competitive landscape, including strengths and weaknesses.
This position will be part of a highly impactful team focused on bringing the OA’s products to their fullest potential within the brand, channel, publisher, and agency ecosystem.
- Partner with OA brand, channel, publisher & agency account teams to improve customer engagement, increase new client acquisition, and maximize customer retention
- Participate as subject matter expert in client presentations and platform demos for all of Oracle’s context and audience products including complete offering/options, servicing, support, pricing, and required contracting
- Deliver deep dives on all aspects of OA’s context and audience business, including data sourcing, data quality, modeling methodology, ID graph, etc.
- Support account teams to help respond to RFIs and RFPs with responsibility for certain content and deliverables to the client
- Work with internal teams to modify play books for sales to align with specific client personas and needs (brand, ad tech, agency, publisher, etc.)
- Partner with marketing to inform external-facing marketing materials that articulate the strengths and capabilities of OA’s context and audience solutions, tailoring the positioning to different client types
- Train GTM teams on positioning, capabilities, and competitive differentiation
- Work with sales and account management on strategic client account plans inclusive of training & implementation
- Work closely with Oracle’s product and engineering teams to spec new products and features, create documentation, and prioritize the product roadmap
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of contextual, audience, digital media or DSP product management, sales engineering, technical account management, or business development experience
- Deep knowledge of the context, audience, analytics, insights, AdTech and MarTech industries, competitive landscape, capabilities, and data driven digital marketing
- Demonstrated success working independently in a product specialist role, but also the ability to work within a team and gain alignment across functions and teams
- Demonstrated track record of building successful client interactions with strong communication and relationship management skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, technical, and strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and be flexible within a fast-paced and changing environment
- CPG, Retail, or Auto experience a plus
- Travel up to 25%
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, Masters preferred