Senior Strategist, DoSomething Strategic
By She Runs It
WHO WE ARE
DoSomething.org is a youth-led movement for good. Our social impact campaigns have mobilized millions of DoSomething.org members to clothe half of America’s youth in homeless shelters, clean up 3.7 million cigarette butts from the streets, run the largest youth-led sports equipment drive, and register over 250,000 voters during the 2020 presidential election.
Want more? Check out this video.
DoSomething Strategic (DSS) is the social impact consultancy-arm of DoSomething.org, focused on young people and social change. We leverage what DoSomething knows about young people to help brands and non-profits engage them for good. We’ve advised clients such as Spotify, Nike, NRDC, Human Rights Campaign, among others.
Reporting to the Lead Strategist, the Senior Strategist will help diagnose clients’ problems/needs; will develop and deliver strategy work in partnership with other strategists; and will work closely with clients and partners to ensure they achieve the change they wish to see.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- STRATEGIC CONSULTING (60%)
- Conduct primary and secondary research at the intersection of young people, social movements and culture
- Use smart, insights-driven thinking to address client needs and develop strategies that help clients achieve both short-term and long-term goals
- Create narrative driven insightful deliverables from beginning to end
- Provide strategic guidance throughout a client’s entire business, from advising around internal practices to contributing strategic ideas around programs, products, or campaigns.
- Present and facilitate sessions with client in a confident and poised manner
- CLIENT MANAGEMENT (20%)
- Develop long-term relationships and cultivate trusted advisor status with client contacts
- Build deep understanding of clients’ businesses and their target audiences; articulate challenges & opportunities
- Deliver superior client service, participate and add value at every stage of a project: kick-off, weekly meetings, working sessions, presentations, project wrap.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT (20%)
- Create detailed project timelines and plans
- Proactively own work streams, timelines, and deliverables; flag challenges, and find solutions to deliver on time and on budget.
- Support more junior staffers and oversee them on projects to meet project deadlines
- 3+ years of experience in strategic consulting, marketing, journalism or grassroots organizing with working knowledge of account and project management
- Finely-tuned relationship management and analytics skills. You have the ability to actively listen, learn, and draw insights from both quantitative and qualitative sources to inform your work and add value to your client relationships.
- Passion for purpose. Your heart for social impact culminates in a desire to help organizations better embrace a purpose-driven mission.
- Client success obsessed. You demonstrate a genuine concern for the needs and expectations of clients and make them a high priority.
- Pop culture consciousness and curiosity. You’re versed on a wide range of issues (from trends like #eattherich, to Biden’s quiet climate agenda), voracious consumer of culture and information, explorer of the world, and you have a proven track record of applying race-intentional and inclusive lenses to inform your understanding of youth culture throughout the identity and political spectrum.
- An affinity for efficiency. You are proficient in project management tools (e.g. AirTable, Smartsheets, Slack) and techniques, adept at managing competing priorities. You have working knowledge of GSuite (especially slides), MS Office (mainly Excel), and Hubspot CRM.
- Really strong written and verbal communication skills. You’re experienced at developing on-brand content with clear narratives and compelling solutions. Must be comfortable with public speaking, storytelling, and “working the room” as the business requires it.
- A willingness to travel 15-20% of the time. As is recommended by CDC safety guidelines.
- Value a team culture of belonging. You take accountability for your work and the way you work with others, lean into continuous learning, and you’re fully committed to creating a more equitable and inclusive workplace for our team, and organization for our members and clients.
Select Perks & Benefits.
- 3 weeks vacation, paid winter holiday break (from Christmas to New Years), and ½ Day Summer Fridays (Memorial Day to Labor Day!).
- Medical and dental premiums fully covered by us. You read that right!
- An incredibly compelling reason to wake up and make it to work every day.