Senior User Experience Designer, SYPartners
By She Runs It
Senior User Experience Designer
You believe empathy and advocacy for the audience is key. You can put yourselves into the shoes of someone who is not technically savvy, who has never experienced a specific system/product or who has had experiences that need to be heard. You always ask the question “what would others think about this solution?”. You are a sensemaker, a truth teller and a bridge builder. You seek to leverage familiar design patterns to help guide people through the flows and yet keep them engaged through contextual presentation of content. If you seek answers, can strategize experiences at the 1000 ft level and come down to the 10ft level and architect a path forward with a powerful cross functional team, then perhaps SYPartners is the place to explore next on your path.
The work you will do
- Conduct interviews and competitive research
- Conduct user testing on products and experiences
- Act as a guide/SME for research methods and/or digital strategy within business development
- Architect interactive experiences that are useful to users and promote our client’s businesses
- Identify key ideas to drive projects and how to implement them in multiple channels
- Provide deliverables including prototypes, proof of concept documents, wire frames, user flows, use cases, and user scenarios
- Present various aspects of the user experience to clients
- Work with cross functional client teams, internal developers and various research/product vendors
Desired experience and skills
- Ability to take initiative, work without a brief (or help create one in the moment), and thrive in ambiguity
- Builds strong, meaningful relationships with clients and partners
- Collaborative with multidisciplinary teams
- Aims for greatness in craft and thinking
- Building culture and skill within the company
- Understands interactive experiences, channels, and design principles
- Is proficient in underlying interactive technologies, such as web and mobile
- Has exceptional presentation and written communication skills
- 5-7+ years of experience in research/experience design field. Preference – agency or consulting experience
- Diverse portfolio containing a wide variety of UX work
- Degree in research or design related field
SYPartners helps human beings, organizations, and societies build the capability to become fuller and more vibrant versions of themselves—so they can constantly transform and have a positive impact in the world.
Using the tools of strategy and design, we partner with executives to transform their businesses, and work alongside leaders tackling the toughest societal issues of our time—education, diversity, health care, gender equality, among others. In addition to our consulting practice, we develop products and tools that help individuals and teams unlock their full potential. We are based in San Francisco and New York, and are a founding member of kyu, a collective of best-in-class creative firms.
SYPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SYPartners Commitment to Diversity
At SYPartners, we are committed to the work of advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in our own organization and for the leaders and clients we partner with. Our vision of the future—one in which organizations are designed to create conditions for human flourishing—demands that we continually work to become a more diverse and inclusive organization ourselves.
We are committed to working with and designing for people of every race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, physical ability or attribute, religion, national origin, or political belief. We recognize this commitment requires continual learning, reflection, and imagination.Apply Now