Social Media Manager & Content Creator, Zette
By She Runs It
Social Media Manager & Content Creator
Zette is a venture-backed, early-stage media tech startup whose mission is to bring down the barriers to real news by increasing access to journalism for all, while empowering publishers and creators to continue producing high quality work.
- The problem: Fake news is free, but real news is not. In 2020, media outlets are forced to churn out clickbait headlines, surviving off razor-thin online ad margins—or to gate their content behind paywalls, effectively turning the internet into a walled garden.
- The solution: Product innovation in the media technology industry has been anemic for a very long time. To access information, you have to subscribe to dozens of publishers at once—even if you don’t regularly read most of them. Until now. Our product solves this problem by providing one paid account to access all the news you’d want to read.
- Our mission is to democratize information by making high-quality online content accessible to everyone. We believe that better access starts with 1) bringing down paywalls for individual articles, 2) giving readers access to a wide variety of vetted journalistic sources, and 3) compensating publishers fairly in the process.
About the Role
We’re a small team of product and publishing experts, passionate about building a better experience for content consumption—and we’re looking for a Social Media Manager & Content Creator based in Los Angeles.
- You will work closely with our CEO, CMO and other relevant team members to execute all content creation across platforms like Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn as well as digital marketing initiatives.
- Your main job objective is to create a social media presence to rapidly grow the Zette waitlist pre-launch and paid subscribers post-launch. This will entail:
- Developing creative concepts for social media grid in accordance to brand initiatives, partnership announcements and waitlist/subscriber growth
- Handling preparation and production of social media content
- Managing Zette’s content calendar
- Utilizing creative writing experience to write captions for social media content on all platforms
- Ensuring that every piece of content is formatted correctly—an understanding of Instagram/TikTok tools and features (links, polls, analytics) is a must
- Understanding influencer talent with experience working with influencers to create content as needed
- You will own Zette’s community management and audience engagement through creative campaigns and interactions.
- You will identify and leverage relevant trends in the media/tech/journalism spaces to best position Zette’s content.
- You will attend company meetings and collaborate with team to create innovative content, as needed.
This role is based in Los Angeles, as we will need you to meet in person for content creation with the CEO and marketing team. This structure of this role can be flexible for the right candidate, full-time or flexible hours.
You’re a versatile, creative, and passionate individual ready to grow Zette’s consumer base, social media presence and interactions with the world. You genuinely care about positively changing the media and news industry and you’re as excited about the future of consumer media as we are.
- You’re passionate about the future of media and news. You’re interested in accelerating Zette’s mission and have ideas for how to bridge existing gaps in the industry.
- You’re a creative at heart with the right skillset and tools to express yourself.
- You’re excited by the opportunity to create and execute unique, innovative social media campaigns.
- You’re based in Los Angeles, CA.
- You’re available to start working as soon as possible.
- Growth and leadership opportunities with an incredibly hard-working team.
- The ability to gain in-depth experience with content creation, social strategy, and brand development at a critical development stage of an early-stage startup.
- True ownership over your work and day-to-day visibility and impact.
- The opportunity to meet and collaborate with various creatives in Los Angeles, ranging from artists to leading marketing executives in the industry.