Social Media Manager, DoSomething.org
By She Runs It
Social Media Manager
WHO WE ARE
DoSomething.org is a youth-led movement for good. Our social impact campaigns and programming have mobilized millions of DoSomething.org members to clothe half of America’s youth in homeless shelters, clean up 3.7 million cigarette butts from the streets, run the largest youth-led sports equipment drive, and register over 250,000 voters during the 2020 presidential election, 71% of whom actually voted!
Want more? Check out this video.
DoSomething.org seeks an attentive, creative, data savvy and strategic Social Media Manager to elevate and manage DoSomething’s online presence and execute our social media strategy for our youth-facing campaigns and programs.
Reporting to the VP, Communications & Marketing, the Social Media Manager contributes to DoSomething’s mission and vision by masterminding the strategies and tactics to grow and expand our presence where young people convene online. This role requires a leader to consistently deliver healthy growth in our social community, ensure DoSomething knows Gen Z and stays abreast of current trends, and engages with activists, content creators, and the broader nonprofit and philanthropic community.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Social Media Growth Strategy and Execution (50%)
- Define DoSomething’s social media strategy to engage with and activate youth to join DoSomething’s youth-led movement for good
- Monitor and seize upon social trends, beta test new and emerging platforms relevant to DoSomething’s membership demographic
- Engage with activists, content creators, and the broader nonprofit and philanthropic community to ensure that DoSomething knows young people and meets them where they convene online.
- Develop, execute, and monitor creative ideas on social media that activate young people for social impact.
Social Media Monitoring and Reporting (30%)
- Manage the analytics for all social channels; deliver monthly social media reports to the DoSomething team on growth by platform, and other marketing KPIs.
- Leverage social media to drive awareness to our causes, campaigns, and programs and report back to sponsors on that impact at the close of campaigns.
Social Media Community Management (20%)
- Oversee the personality, content, and community of all DoSomething’s existing social media channels.
- Engage with our current followers and moderate the DoSomething social community.
- Support the creation and growth of a group of youth activists, influencers, and celebrities who love DoSomething and want to support our causes, campaigns and programs.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- You have 3-4 years direct experience working on innovative social media campaigns, crafting creative social media strategies, and leading social media channels via various platforms (either natively or via a 3rd party platform like Sprout Social); including post concepts, post copy, and post execution.
- You have extensive knowledge of social media platforms including, but not limited to SEO, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitch and other emerging platforms within the social space, with a deep understanding of how paid and organic content and strategies work together.
- You have a track record of growing a brand’s social presence with knowledge of the technical nuances of the social platforms as well as the ability to adapt the tone and voice of the brand to reach audiences where they are.
- You are experienced in building and nurturing strategic partnerships with other brands and influencers and have a deep understanding of how brands can and should grow partnerships authentically to benefit the movement.
- You’re proficient in the project management tools (e.g. Trello, AirTable, Slack) and techniques to keep things running smoothly.
- You’ve worked within an agile environment and with external clients and have experience in pivoting and evolving strategies to satisfy project needs in excellence for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Preferably, you’ve worked for a social impact organization, in an agency setting or as part of a larger marketing or brand strategy team.
WHO YOU ARE
- You believe in young people and are curious about the needs and wants of young people across the spectrum of identity and difference and believe that their involvement in civic engagement, democracy, human services, etc has the power to change young people, their communities and the world!
- You take a creative and innovative approach to developing solutions to organizational challenges, driving continuous improvement to programs and processes, and implementing effective and smooth product change initiatives across the organization via smart conventional and unconventional methods.
- You have strong communication skills and strong editorial judgement with the ability to distill and adapt messaging, style, and tone with concision to accommodate a diverse range of audiences both internally and externally and to persuade others to gain their support.
- You are attentive to details and take an iterative approach to your work as you are thorough and organized in delivering critical projects with a high degree of accuracy; you experiment, adjust and evaluate change for continued innovation while meeting clearly established and communicated timelines.
- You effectively manage projects by focusing attention on critical priorities, creating and executing against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e., budget) and you evaluate and monitor the project to determine feasibility and adjust accordingly.
- You are results oriented and consistently set and achieve realistic business goals and understand the importance of meeting quality standards and deadlines.
- You are a team player who accepts responsibility for yourself and your contribution as a team member. You commit to organizational success and inspire others to collaborate and commit to team and org goals.
- You are a pop culture connoisseur who has a curiosity for and knows how to keep your finger on the pulse of current events and trends among our primary demographic, and you’re practiced in applying an inclusive lens to inform your understanding of youth culture throughout the identity and political spectrum.
- You’ve made a commitment to intersectional equity and have an ability to lead across differences and model a commitment to continuous learning and exploration of race, equity, inclusion and cross-cultural competency in the workplace.
Select Perks & Benefits.
- 3 weeks vacation, paid winter holiday break (from Christmas to New Years), and ½ Day Summer Fridays (Memorial Day to Labor Day!).
- Medical and dental premiums fully covered by us. You read that right!
- An incredibly compelling reason to wake up and make it to work every day.