Sr. Director, Member Engagement – Brands
By She Runs It
Sr. Director, Member Engagement - Brands
The IAB is the leading trade organization servicing the digital media ecosystem. While IAB membership has traditionally been comprised of publishers, media companies and ad tech companies, the Board recently approved including brands to the membership roster. Numerous brand leaders have asked to join the IAB and currently there are about 150 brand members.
The IAB Member Engagement & Development team is seeking an independent contributor to work with the current brand members as well as continue to add new members. This person will be tasked with learning about member goals and deliver solutions to help them deliver on their business objectives. This individual will help drive the direction of brand solution offerings based on marketplace knowledge and insights. This is a revenue producing role and the initial charge will be to generate revenue from IAB’s L&D offerings and education programs relevant to brand marketers.
The Senior Director – Brands must have proven sales skills (e.g., revenue generation, pipeline management, developmental energy) in the digital media industry and a clear understanding of the varying components of the ecosystem. This person must be comfortable and confident in front of the room and is a potential leader who will identify, grow, and maintain a territory of brand members through face to face (and zoom) meetings, prospecting, events, presentations and penetrating organizations on multiple (and at the highest) levels.
What You’ll Do (include but not limited to):
- Develop a strong understanding of IAB’s products and solutions.
- Develop and maintain brand member organizations through a consultative sales approach.
- Perform member needs analysis to match IAB offerings to brand needs.
- Keep focus on products currently available and make recommendations for further offerings based on learned market insights.
- Cultivate and develop high-level relationships
- Work independently and collaboratively with internal teams to develop thoughtful recommendations.
- Provide ongoing member management to partners.
- Help create opportunities to drive brand engagement with the IAB – e.g., event participation, speaking engagements, training programs and research involvement.
Who You Are:
- 6-10 years media sales experience with at least 3 in digital media/marketing industry.
- Brand marketing or experience working with brand marketers.
- Time management, business acumen and a strong work ethic are a must.
- Business development specialist with a proven track record of developing and growing a client base. This includes; prospecting, lead generation, and deep relationship development throughout an organization.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills.
- Strong sales skills; ability to create effective sales presentations; adaptable and effective negotiating skills.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter who can work independently and adapt quickly to different selling situations.
- Natural curiosity about the digital industry.
- Proficiency in Salesforce & Microsoft suite.
- Experience selling for a trade association and/or selling Learning & Development offerings is a plus.
- Experience selling to senior brand marketers