US Field & Commercial Marketing Leader, Mercer
By She Runs It
US Field & Commercial Marketing Leader
What can you expect?
- You will work to elevate Mercer’s brand and solutions across our 60 offices and with the Commercial Sales team.
- You will work closely with our country wide Market CEOs, US Commercial Leader, the Line of Business Leaders and the CMO of US Marketing to ensure strategic alignment and amplification of our core goals and objectives to drive commercial activity at the regional and local level. Internal relationship building and management is key to the success of this role at many levels inside a very matrixed organization.
- You will build a team architecture and culture that will collaborate, execute regional and local marketing campaigns including nurture strategy, lead generation, and local events and sponsorships.
- You will continuously inform the Line of Business Marketers for Health, Wealth, and Career on intel from the field for incorporation into marketing plans and national campaigns and advocate the voice of the offices and consultants.
- You will collaborate with our Growth Team Leaders and Office Leaders to amplify our brand and solutions regionally.
- You will be responsible for leading a team of Field Marketers to align their priorities, goals and deliverables with the strategic objectives of the US from the Marketing lens.
- You will think creatively around opportunities to amplify and elevate the Mercer brand as well as evaluate new technology opportunities to enable the field team to support our internal clients.
- You will work with the Commercial Team and Growth Team Leaders to calibrate the framework and accountability for follow up around lead generation from the website, paid digital, events, and nurture tracks.
- You will work closely with the Account-Based Marketing (ABM) Marketing Leader on the strategy and execution of the Demandbase platform at the local level which includes producing targeted lists of key prospects, personalizing the communications to be more effective, as well as other tools to manage the sales funnel.
- You will report into the CMO of US Marketing and be part of the Marketing Leadership team collaborating on overall marketing strategy, priorities, and execution.
What is in it for you?
- A company with a strong Brand and strong results to match.
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnership with HR from the business.
- Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
- Competitive pay (salary and bonus potential), Full benefits package – starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STI/LTI, life insurance, generous 401k match AND contribution, North America region.
- Generous Parental Leave and Tuition Reimbursement plan per year and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan, North American region
We will count on you to:
- To build key internal relationships and understand a matrixed structure; strong sales partnership and client management approach is necessary.
- To be an experienced, innovative, and strategic B2B marketer with demonstrated skills in successfully developing multi-channel marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders, audience segmentation.
- Build lead generation and pipeline with a data-driven approach, along with a comfort of using digital tools and programs.
- Develop a strategy, team, and plan to move function forward and drive value.
- Manage brand stewardship.
- Align all activities with business priorities and goals.
What you need to have:
- BA degree in business, finance, marketing, journalism, communications or related field of study.
- 7-10+ years of marketing experience in financial services, asset management, insurance or in an advertising agency.
- Demonstrated experience in working with sales teams or offices to advocate for what their needs are to prospect .
- Management experience and ability to operate well in a team environment and independently with minimal supervision required.
- Ability to interact professionally with high-level leadership and manage key internal stakeholders.
- Strong analytical capabilities to evaluate metrics, calibrate and report out on successes as well as areas of opportunities.
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Marketo, Adobe Experience Manager required.
- Strong digital marketing skills, communication skills.
- Strong direct response and demand generation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment is essential.
What makes you stand out?
- Experienced and strategic marketer with capability to execute campaigns and advocate for the voice of sales.
- Ability to execute within a matrixed organization and ability to manage across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience in building relationships with sales teams, leaders, internal clients by listening and advocating.
- Excellent problem solving skills and judgment abilities.
- Strong oral communication and client relationship skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
This position is unable to be performed remotely in Colorado.
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employersApply Now