Vice President, Product- Publisher Applications and Internal Applications, CafeMedia
By She Runs It
Vice President, Product - Publisher Applications and Internal Applications
CafeMedia is seeking a VP, Product – Publisher Applications and Internal Systems to join our team! The VP, Product – Publisher Applications and Internal Systems is a key product team leadership role reporting to the EVP, Product, and responsible for three priority workstreams:
- Publisher Applications: Empower our publishers by building a market-leading online experience for them to manage growth, engagement, and revenue for their sites.
- Internal Applications: Scale the effectiveness of the CafeMedia team by providing the simplest, quickest and most flexible workflows and automated processes for our internal support and operations teams.
- Data Platform: Increase CafeMedia’s data analysis and product edge by building out and improving our data retrieval and analysis platform for publisher and market data.
Three key strengths we’re looking for
- A track record of driving measurable results. In this role, you’ll be responsible for leading three key workstreams at CafeMedia. We’re looking for candidates who know how to work with a team of PMs to establish a vision and drive measurable results that make a difference for our customers and our business.
- A fantastic leader to Product Managers. In this role, you’ll be responsible for leading, mentoring, and growing a team of strong PMs. We’re looking for candidates who have deep management experience and can maintain a positive, supported team.
- Technical strength. This job doesn’t require coding but in order to do a great job, you’ll need to engage deeply on technical matters. A working understanding of web application architecture and databases is important.
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the job
- 10+ years in product management at a digital media firm or similar
- 5+ years of experience managing product managers
- Experienced manager, leader, coach and builder of teams
- Deep knowledge of web technology, advertising technology and related fields
- Insight into and passion for the content of some of our key content verticals like food, home, travel, parenting, personal finance, etc.
- Proven track record of developing and launching successful enterprise software products
- Full command of the product development life-cycle, from market analysis to problem identification, validation, solution development, go-to-market and beyond
- Strong analytical and prioritization skills and experience applying them in the development of a product roadmap
- Excellent client-facing communication skills including product presentation as well as gathering feedback
- Expert-level executive and peer stakeholder management skills
- Expertise in agile software development methodologies and collaboration with engineering to execute a product strategy
- Bachelor’s degree required, A technical degree is preferred
Additional skills and experience you’ll bring to the job (not all required):
- Digital advertising and identity platforms
- Data flows / pipelining / ETL / creation
- WordPress ecosystem
- General web technology/experiences (AMP, PWA, cookies, analytics, etc.)
- APIs (both creating homegrown and maximizing the use of 3rd party)
- B2B Customer interfaces / analytics / SaaS platforms
- Internal team processes / interfaces
- Consumer products
- Compliance (GDPR, CCPA, etc.)
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 3,000 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best — produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 10th largest digital property in the U.S. and #1 in Food, Family, Home, and Lifestyle–with a reach of nearly 175M monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.Apply Now