VP, Client Experience, Known
By She Runs It
VP, Client Experience
Known is a modern marketing company engineered for the unprecedented challenges and opportunities facing marketers today. Known pairs PhD data scientists with award-winning creatives, expert research teams and strategists. Known is anchored by two decades of groundbreaking market research and data science capabilities, which uniquely empower our marketing strategy and acclaimed creative groups, who produce some of the most innovative, cutting-edge creative work in culture. The result? Marketing that is predisposed to succeed and be persistently optimized, directly impacting clients’ bottom lines. Our clients span the leading brands in finance, technology, media, CPG, real estate and many other categories. Known is growing and currently has 450+ employees in 6 US cities including Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Boston and New York. Our teams have won multiple Emmys, Clios, Effies, Cannes Lions Awards and ProMax Agency of the Year three times.
Our Client Experience team is the epicenter of our organization. As Known continues to grow at a rapid rate, so is our need to bring on additional leaders.
As a VP, Client Experience you have earned the respect of your colleagues and senior leadership through your demonstrated skills as an operational authority, innovative leader and trusted client partner.
In this position, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of a variety of clients’ brands through the building of trusted partnerships with clients, your team and other agency partners. You are also a top-notch developer and mentor of your team, managing your team’s performance and success. You are a fine-tuned collaborator reaching across the aisle to your agency colleagues and partners to achieve your clients’ goals.
As the right-hand lieutenant, this position reports to the SVP, Client Experience and will work collaboratively with other leaders within the company.
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of experience at an integrated, full-service advertising agency
- Experience successfully managing, developing, and mentoring others
- Proven success leading and managing multiple top-tier client accounts
- Experience with performance marketing
- End-to-end project management experience from statement of work and finance set-up through execution
- Ability to think strategically, analytically, and proactively about diverse business problems
- Experience orchestrating cross-functional project teams, especially virtual teams, with confidence
- Proven experience building deep, trusted relationships with clients
- Ability to manage and be accountable for client satisfaction and retention
- Superb communication, storytelling, and presentation skills
- Passion for managing quality and accuracy
- A love for building presentations in PowerPoint and Slides and making other people’s slides better
- Familiarity with statistics, basic Excel, and data science thinking and concepts a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced – and a fast-growing – agency environment
What we are additionally looking for
Quality: On the “get it right” versus “get it done” scale, we are the “get it right” type of company. We would rather do something 98% right as opposed to getting it 60% right in much less time. But we work under time constraints, so you shouldn’t be afraid of pressure to get things right AND on-time.
Curiosity and Intellectual Chops: People at Known are smart and intellectually curious. You will find yourself in conversations about music, geo-political events, and the best place to get tacos on the road from San Francisco to Fresno, but we also talk about our favorite Excel functions with a nerdy glee, read white papers about statistics, and we’ll plug away until we find the best way to synthesize 100 charts into one powerful slide. We have an insatiable appetite for learning and expect you to teach us some new things.
Culture: This isn’t a typical agency environment and people looking for a traditional ad or marketing agency should keep on looking. We’re humble, kind and hard-working marketers, creatives, brand strategists, researchers, media strategists and data scientists. We believe that our collective skills, diverse backgrounds, and passion for problem-solving yields not only remarkable solutions for our clients, but a respectful and fun culture that supports the unlimited potential of each employee.
If you have read this far and are saying to yourself, “they just described me to a T…”If you are chomping at the bit and are already envisioning yourself working at Known…We are waiting for you.Apply Now