VP, Consumer Marketing – Women’s Tennis Association
By She Runs It
VP, Consumer Marketing
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Global Marketing & Communications
The VP, Consumer Marketing will be an experienced sports, consumer goods or franchise marketer with a proven track record in delivering programs that foster powerful emotional connections with fans. A team leader and organizational values champion who will make marketing a cornerstone role and function within the WTA, this role works closely with the SVP, Global Marketing & Communications. The primary task of this rile is the development of the WTAs strategic marketing roadmap, the reposition and relaunch of the WTA brand, build the community and its commercial value, oversee marketing campaign development from ideation to production and ensure the successful implementation of traditional and non-traditional marketing plans. The success of the role will be measured by the successful elevation and reposition of the brand, raised awareness and engagement, community growth and commercial value. The ideal candidate will have experience in targeted marketing building an emotional connection directly with consumers converting into a long-term relationship of loyalty. Fearless on court and determined to win, a new generation of world-class womens tennis players is emerging, creating exciting new rivalries and challenges at the highest levels of the game. There has never been such an exciting time to be part of the WTA. International travel of approximately 50-60 days per year is required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Build a formal marketing multi-skilled team and establish an integrated marketing culture across the organization.
· Leadership of the marketing function, supported by a team of 6 direct reports.
· Working closely with in-house and external partners.
· Develop strong and fruitful working relationships with third party content partners operating the WTA Networks and WTA Media arms of the WTA global organization.
· Accountable for the brand, promotional campaigns and experiential events, CRM, insights and analytics, membership, digital and design.
· Lead the creative and brand identity, direct-to-consumer and brand marketing functions.
· Brand strategy and Guardianship
· Comprehensive brand relaunch in 2019, modernizing the brand and its positioning perception in the marketplace with an invigorated expression of the brand and its purpose.
· Refresh the event marketing creative template and ensure consistent global brand execution across the WTA Tour and is various touchpoints.
· Transform the way we reach our tennis audience with fan segmentation and targeted value propositions to fans
· Integrated brand campaigns that deliver steady year on year growth in brand performance metrics
· Campaigns and Connections
· Regularly break new ground with innovative and impactful creative advertising that makes the brand stand out for the younger 25-49 demographic, drives tune-in, optimizes barter media inventory and gains extensive coverage via low-cost media
· Work closely with WTA Networks to put in place a digital roadmap to significantly improve awareness of the WTA, better promote its players and drive engagement across digital platforms
· Strategic and operational lead for CRM, transforming our email communications and direct marketing database capability.
· Develop a fan membership platform that builds long-term relationships with a highly targeted loyalty rewards program.
· Build our consumer database, data and insights that drives community growth and commercial.
· Drive pay subscriptions for WTA TV to meet the organizations objective of profitable fan engagement.
· Drive user engagement for WTA Fantasy Tennis and integrate gamers into the database for marketing purposes.
· Develop signature experiences to enhance fan engagement during tournaments on site and across multiple media touchpoints
· Initiate major social media and digital content campaigns, securing record engagement levels, outperform other sports league initiatives with low spend
· Pioneer fresh thinking and invigorate our working relationships with tournament members delivering cross and co-promotional initiatives for the WTA Tour.
· Work with legends, agents and players in WTA Tour marketing campaigns and engage their active promotion of the WTA.
· Lead close strategic alignment with WTA Future Stars and WTA Charities grassroots programs and increasing player and fan participation. Support fundraising initiatives.
Skills & Background:
· Bachelors degree in a business or marketing related field is required, Masters degree preferred.
· A minimum of 8 years marketing experience on an international scale with a track record in developing and implementing strategic marketing plans to promote talent, product and brand.
· A passion for sport and creatively, effectively engaging fans to convert their excitement into a lifelong fan and advocate of our sport.
· Proven success in the successful relaunch of a major sports, entertainment or retail brand.
· Track record in delivering innovative creative that surpasses set objectives.
· Ability to provide direction to the data analytics team and deliver insight that provides deeper understanding of our fans and consumers
· Experience in developing strategic direction, producing and implementing clear briefs and planning.
· Fluent in second language preferred.
· Ability to oversee the successful delivery and implementation of brand campaigns and activations.
· Creative thinker.
· Respected as a champion of organizational values.
· Must be able to work closely with other departments within the organization and have a background working in a cross-functional role and as a team player. Personal characteristics and profile:
· You solve problems and exceed expectations.
· You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
· You are confident, humble and fun. Your teammates like working with you.
· If you don’t know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly. Â· You naturally go the extra mile.
· You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, you love change and readily adapt to continually changing priorities and aggressive project time frames.
· You give credit to others where credit is due and take responsibility for misses when they rest with you.
· You know how to sell big ideas and garner consensus.
· Culturally sensitive and able to effectively work across international geographic territories.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com