What are the objectives of the program?
- Help She Runs It members grow professionally in a supportive, one-to-one environment.
- Provide both members of a mentoring partnership with a rewarding relationship that imparts real-life wisdom to workplace situations.
- Match mentee and mentor in pairs that support careers and help develop individual goals.
- Expand She Runs It members’ professional network.
What is the timeframe for this program?
- The program has been revamped this year to two nine month programs beginning in January 2018.
- Applications are generally solicited in October of the previous year.
Who can participate in this program?
- This program is open to all She Runs It members who are willing to commit to meeting 9 times a year (once a month) or a total of 9 hours in this year-long program.
- If you are interested in this program but are not yet a member of She Runs It, we invite you to become a member.
Am I a Mentor or a Mentee?
- Mentors: Give back. Develop future stars. We recommend mentors have 6+ years of business experience.
- Mentees: Benefit from experienced and successful She Runs It members.
How does the program work?
- Once you apply, the She Runs It staff will contact you and guide you through the selection process.
- When you are matched with your partner, you will receive a mentoring packet with tools that will assist you in fulfilling the program.
- The She Runs It Mentoring Program committee will continue to provide ideas to help guide mentoring pairs throughout the year.
- She Runs It may also arrange special meetings and events for program participants.
What is expected of participants?
- Each member of a mentoring pair is expected to actively participate in the program.
- Each mentoring pair will be required to meet at least 9x (once a month) or a total of 9 hours as part of their program commitment.
- Mentoring pairs are free to meet more often and to create a relationship that serves both their needs
What is the deadline for the program in both New York and Chicago?
- The deadline in both markets is Friday, May 18th.