New York – April Member of the Month, Lucie Claire Vincent, Former VP and GM Global Home Care/ Colgate Palmolive
By She Runs It
Mexico, live in Stamford
Former or current job title/company.
Former Vice President and General Manager Global Home Care/ Colgate Palmolive
Describe your career journey.
My studies include a Master of Business Administration, a Bachelor of Marketing, and an Executive Education Business Program. I speak Spanish, English, and French. I am a Marketing and Business Executive, with more than 25 years of broad international and domestic experience in the consumer goods industry. I have lived and worked in Asia, Latin America, North America and the Caribbean, and held various senior leadership positions across these markets, leveraging extensive expertise in international marketing, global operations, emerging markets, business strategy, expansion, and transition. Most recently (since 2013), I had been Corporate Vice President and General Manager Global Home Care. Responsible for leading and setting the category growth strategy worldwide and delivering the strategic plan sales and profit goals. In this role, I participated as part of the senior leadership team in the overall company decisions to advance key strategies, priorities and strengthen capabilities across the organization.
Which three words would you use to describe your personality?
Energetic/Driven, Curious, Caring
Name a woman who inspires you and why?
I am inspired by all women that have a meaningful purpose in life and have strong determination to overcome any obstacle and challenge to succeed and accomplish their dreams. Women who work to improve and strengthen women’s role in society, that work for a good cause and for the greater good. Women like:
- Indra Nooyi: PepsiCo CEO who worked her way up through the company and proved that people are paying attention to her career when she sparked a debate about the work-life balance of women in management and leadership roles.
What programs are you involved in with She Runs It?
- Mentorship Program Mentor
- Mentoring Program Liaison
- Programming Committee member
What upcoming meetups are you involved with, within the mentoring liaison program?
- NYC Mentoring Meetup 4/17: Life/Work Balance Design The Life You Love, an evening with Ayse Birsel, author of “Design The Life You Love” to discover a different approach towards reaching a Work/Life Balance, a recipe for happiness and fulfillment.
- I am on the team that is working on the organization for the June Mentorship Program
What advice would you give to fellow new members in making the most of their membership?
As soon as you become a member start engaging with the different committees and ask how you can participate. Attend the new members meeting; this is a perfect venue to get a good overview of what She Runs It does, and to start meeting people. Become a mentor or mentee, or both, and participate in the events throughout the year. She Runs It provides a great venue to learn, do networking, meet great professionals and contribute to the professional development of everybody.
Connect with me on:
FB: She Runs It Mentoring Meetup