SHE RUNS IT RECOGNIZES THREE OUTSTANDING COMPANIES FOR WORKING MOTHERS AND 22 INDUSTRY STARS AS 2019 WORKING MOTHERS OF THE YEAR
New York and Chicago; (February 12, 2019) – For the 15th consecutive year, She Runs It (formerly Advertising Women of New York), is celebrating marketing, media and tech leaders who skillfully navigate the multiple demands of work and motherhood. In addition to 22 individual honorees, the organization is also recognizing three Outstanding Companies for Working Mothers.
The 2019 corporate honorees are Colle McVoy, IPG Mediabrands and Swift. The winners were chosen for activating policies and practices to create a supportive environment for mothers who want to excel as parents and as corporate and community leaders. The selection criteria focused on the number of women in leadership and client-facing roles, the scope of paid/flexible leave that companies provide to new mothers, and overall benefits related to maternity and motherhood.
“In our 15 years of evaluating submissions for working mothers of the year, we have been profoundly inspired by the nominees, who redefine the concept of multitasking every day. We have also gained valauble insight into corporate practices and programs, many of them initiated by the women who are nominated,” said Lynn Branigan, President and CEO of She Runs It. “There is a symbiotic relationship between employee and employer that creates the best environment for working mothers to thrive.”
The 2019 Working Mothers of the Year were selected from dozens of nominations submitted by colleagues and peers across three categories.
Trailblazer Moms are categorized as pioneers of working motherhood. They began combining work and family at least 18 years ago and have held leadership positions while raising their children. The Trailblazer winners are:
- Tina Allan | EVP, Director Data Solutions, BBDO New York
- Gail Becker | Founder, CEO, Caulipower
- Jeanie Caggiano | EVP, Executive Creative Director, Leo Burnett
- Kerry Doyle | SVP, Carat
- Cece Ryan | SVP, Publisher, PEOPLE
New-to-Motherhood Moms achieve balance in their lives and are strong role models for their associates at work and their children at home. Their children are 6 years or younger, and they seek innovative approaches to work/life balance. These winners include:
- Susan Betteridge | Group Creative Director, mcgarrybowen
- Kate Cannova | VP, Account Director, TBWA
- Hannah Diddams | Head Advanced Brand Data Strategy, Google Inc.
- Christina Glorioso | SVP, Integrated Marketing, NBCU
- Amanda Kigel | SVP, National Programmatic Strategy, Cadreon
- Mita Mallick | Head of Diversity & Cross Cultural Marketing, Unilever
- Jamie McGarry | EVP, Director of Business Development, DDB US
- Laura Powers | Managing Director, Client Lead, Mindshare
- Meg Runeari | VP, Business Operations, Teads
- Tatyana Zlotsky | VP/GM Marketing, Partnerships & Global Digital Innovation, American Express
Established Moms have an oldest child between the ages of 7 and 17. These women thrive on their busy lives and have positively impacted other working mothers with their skills at achieving work-life balance. The Established Mom winners are:
- Deva Bronson | EVP, Digital Investment, Amplifi USA
- Jamie Gersch | SVP & CMO, Old Navy
- Jill Gorecki | SVP, Managing Director – J3/UM Worldwide
- Nathalie Huni | Executive Creative Director, Grey (formerly)
- Jennifer Menes | North America Media Director, Mondelez
- Lilian Tomovich | Chief Experience & Marketing Officer, MGM Resorts International
- Mary Beth West | SVP, Chief Growth Officer, Hershey
The 2019 Working Mothers of the Year are being honored, along with their children, spouses and partners, on Thursday, February 28th during an awards luncheon at Cipriani on 42nd St., New York.
About She Runs It
Founded in 1912 as Advertising Women of New York (formerly AWNY), She Runs It exists to pave the way for women to lead at every level of their career in marketing, media and tech. With chapters in New York and Chicago, membership stands at over 3,800 women, men and corporate alliance partners. To learn more about She Runs It, visit Sherunsit.org.
For more information: