2019 Changing the Game Awards Press Release
SHE RUNS IT HONORS 17 WOMEN WHO ARE CHANGING THE GAME IN MARKETING, MEDIA AND TECH
Annual Changing the Game Awards Celebrated in New York on April 10
New York and Chicago; (April 10, 2019) –She Runs It (formerly Advertising Women of New York), has recognized 17 marketing, media and tech leaders who are literally “changing the game” in the field of marketing, media and tech. Changing the Game Awards recognize women within the industry who are true catalysts of innovation – fearlessly making bold moves and reinventing the rules of marketing to transform their brands, their organizations, and those of their clients.
“This award truly speaks to the mission of She Runs It, which is to pave the way for more women to lead at every level of marketing, media and tech,” said Lynn Branigan, President and CEO of She Runs It. “Every one of our winners has had a measurable, positive impact on the business they touch. Their work not only elevates their status within their organizations, it also creates a path and a benchmark for the women who follow in their footsteps and the companies who employ them.”
The 2019 Winners
Fearless Voices is relatively new award that is part of Changing the Game. Now in its second year, the award recognizes those who use their voices, talent and tools to break through unendurable silence, creating a path for action & change.
· Colleen DeCourcy, co-President & CCO | W+K
Brainwave winners are those who have changed the way a brand or product is marketed.
· Heidi Browning, CMO & EVP | NHL
· Ukonwa Ojo, CMO, Cover Girl | Coty (Formerly)
· Anita Patil-Sayed, SVP, Director, Human Truths Group | Dentsu Aegis Network
· Cherilyn Williams, Senior Director Purpose Driven Marketing | Marriott
No Apologies winners are recognized for creating whole new business model or marketplace:
· Seema Bansal, Founder | Venus Et Fleur
· Kiersten Barnet, Global Head, Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index | Bloomberg
· Jacqueline Corbelli, Founder/Chair/CEO | BrightLine
· Mish Fletcher, Managing Director Marketing & Communications | Accenture Interactive
Paradigm Shift recipients have changed the way a customer segment or target audience is approached.
· Sophie Bambuck, VP, Global Nike Sportswear Brand Marketing | Nike
· Kristen D’Arcy, VP of Integrated Marketing & Media | American Eagle
· Cheryl Grace, SVP Strategic Alliances | Nielsen
· Jessica Rodriguez, President, COO & CMO | Univision
Quantum Leap winners have changed the way an organization is aligned to pro-actively meet new challenges.
· Anne-Claire Berg, Culture & Engagement Director | Danone
· Fiona Carter, Chief Brand Officer | AT&T Communications
· Amy Cheronis, Chief Integration Officer | MSL
· Lynn Lewis, US CEO | UMWW
About She Runs It
Founded in 1912 as Advertising Women of New York (formerly AWNY), She Runs It exists to pave the way for women to lead at every level of marketing and media. With chapters in New York and Chicago, membership stands at over 3,800 women, men and corporate alliance partners. To learn more about She Runs It, visit Sherunsit.org.
For more information: