Twenty for 20
By Lynn Branigan
I thought I would welcome 2020 with a list of 20 successes, milestones, events and initiatives you can celebrate with us in this new year.
- She Runs It will celebrate its 108th birthday in 2020. We’ve accomplished so much but still have plenty of work to do to pave the way for more women to achieve leadership roles in marketing, media and tech.
- We begin the new year by expanding to San Francisco and a new community of women and men.
- We officially launch our San Francisco presence on January 28 with “A Morning with the Best of the Badass Bosses,” hosted by Swirl mcgarrybowen. Reserve your seat here.
- This month we will kick off the winter mentoring program with at least 164 pairs, additionally kicking off group mentoring for the first time with 40 participants across Chicago and New York.
- On January 29, we will host Fearless Voices Chicago to celebrate the courage of women (and men) who – by confronting challenges – give voice and inspiration to others. Tickets are here.
- On February 27 we will celebrate our working moms and best companies for working parents’ winners in New York City. Please join us by registering here.
- We’re back in San Fran on March 5 for Fearless Voices, hosted by Twitter. Tickets can be purchased here.
- We’re exploring more expansion in 2020. If you want us to pilot a She Runs It chapter in your market – Dallas, Atlanta, Boston, wherever – reach out to me (Lynn@Sherunsit.org) and let’s talk.
- Our national membership community is 5,000 members strong and growing.
- We have memberships designed for every career level. Explore them here.
- #Inclusive100 is gathering data for its third annual benchmark study in partnership with Diversity Best Practices. You can be part of this game changing initiative at no cost. The 2020 admission form is here.
- We enter 2020 with 30 companies comprising #Inclusive100. We hope to have 100 by the end of this year. Check it out. We need industry collaboration and scale to have a measurable impact on creating and retaining workforces that reflect the customers we serve.
- Shout out to Marc Pritchard, Carolyn Everson and Shelley Zalis for hosting diversity council meetings at Cannes, Advertising Week and CES this year so that we can join forces and amplify complementary programs.
- We are collecting 100 repeatable best practices on inclusion, representation and culture from industry leaders in marketing, media and tech. Some solutions require little effort, and, with CEO leadership support, results can have high impact and are scalable. Some examples can be found here.
- #Inclusive100 has a Twitter page! Follow us here.
- She Runs It is a 501c3 non-profit and if you want to help support our mission, you can do so here.
- Our Education Relief Fund has provided $700,000 to help alleviate the debt burden for several rising starts in our industry.
- Our Corporate Alliance partners are the best in the business. Click here to see who they are, and contact Rebekah@sherunsit.org if you want to discuss the benefits of this partnership.
- We have a robust 2020 calendar of networking events, award programs and more. Go to sherunsit.org and click on events to learn more (and reserve seats).
- I am so grateful to be a part of the She Runs It community and wish you all a very happy and healthy 2020.