What are the Membership Options & Costs?
There are five options for She Runs It Membership. Options include:
- eMember – Membership for anyone that works beyond 50 miles of a She Runs It hub in the US (NY, Chicago, San Fran, Los Angeles), or anyone in Canada. Membership dues are $125 annually.
- Young Executive (YE) – Membership for US residents under the age of 30 that work within 50 miles of a She Runs It hub. Membership dues are $125 annually. When a YE turns 30, their dues will increase to resident member dues.
- Resident – Membership for US residents 30 years old and above that work within 50 miles of a She Runs It hub. Membership dues are currently $200.
- International – Membership for anyone outside of the US or Canada. Membership dues are currently $100.
- Executive Class – Membership for professionals who have already achieved executive management roles, as well as those that are on a clear and/or accelerated path towards executive management. Special events are curated for executive class members, as well as special opportunities. Membership dues are currently $2500
*All members are encouraged to keep their membership current, and not to let their membership lapse.
Why should I join the organization?
Joining She Runs It is a great way to expand your network, and to develop your leadership & career skills. When you join She Runs It, you are joining a welcoming community of professionals who all have the common goal – to pave the way for more women of every ethnicity and identity to lead at every level of marketing, media, and tech.
Membership benefits include:
- Access to the industry’s most robust mentoring program
- Discounted or free member pricing to events
- Opportunity to join one of She Runs It’s committees
- Networking Opportunities
- Access to Education Loan Grant
- Access to our member directory of over 7,000 professionals
- Complete access to our job bank to search and post open positions
Is She Runs It a non-profit?
Yes, our membership organization is a 501 c-6. All events and fundraising activities are a part of The She Runs It Foundation, which is a 501 c-3. This recognizes the educational value of the programs we offer. It also acknowledges the fact that a portion of the proceeds we raise from events and fundraising are used for charitable purposes.
Do I need to be in the marketing, media, and/or tech industry to join?
Yes. Our remit is to lift women who work for brands (in marketing), advertising agencies, media companies, publishers, tech firms, and PR agencies.
What are the primary goals for She Runs It?
- To propel more women of every ethnicity and identity into leadership roles across the marketing, media, and tech landscape
- Enable women to realize their full potential as leaders
- Highlight the positive impact women have on the companies they work for, the teams they are part of, the communities they live in, and the work that they do
- Document and spotlight women-led companies – their financial success and business
What is She Runs It’s geographic reach?
She Runs It was founded in New York then expanded into Chicago in 2016. Since the onset of the pandemic in 2020, when She Runs It pivoted to an all-virtual programming schedule, the organization has gone global, expanding to include all of the US, Canada, and 10+ countries around the world.
Can men join She Runs It?
Yes. We have several male members, and their perspective is invaluable. We want more. Men are vital to our industry and vital to our mission.
How does She Runs It define the word “She”?
The “She” in She Runs It stands for every individual who experiences the challenges that women face in marketing, media and tech; plus all of their allies.
What are the committees of She Runs it, and how can I join or participate at meetings?
She Runs It relies heavily on active committee membership to help shape the programming and indeed the overall trajectory of the organization. Committees are amazing leadership and networking opportunities, putting you in proximity to others in the industry who actively want to make a difference. Each committee meets once a month, generally via video conference, for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Overall committee participation can be a time commitment of 2 to 5 hours a month, depending what your committee is working on. She Runs it Committees are listed below, you can sign up for a committee by logging into your membership dashboard on the She Runs It website and selecting your committee of choice.
Once you sign up, you will receive an invitation to the next committee meeting, or a follow-up email.
- Leadership Development or Connected Leaders Committee
- Executive Achievement Committee
- Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging Committee
- Young Executive Committee
- Mentoring Program Committee
- Executive Class Member Committee
When does the mentoring program begin, and how long is the program?
There are two, nine-month mentoring programs, the first beginning in the Spring and the second program beginning in Fall. Applications open at least 2 months prior to the program start date, and we post the dates for application on our web site and in marketing emails. You can apply for the program through your member dashboard.
Can non-members apply for She Runs It awards and benefits like loan relief and the mentoring program?
Award nominations are open to members and non-members alike.
Education Loan grants and the mentoring program are only available to active members. We’d love to welcome you as a member. Please log onto sherunsit.org and click on “Become a Member” in the upper, right-hand corner of the landing page.