April 21, 2022 | 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
VIRTUAL EVENT: 2022 Multicultural Bootcamp: Reach Towards What’s Next
- This event has passed.
“So let us not return to normal but reach toward what is next” – Amanda Gorman
She Runs It and our Midwest Multicultural Committee proudly present the 10th Annual Multicultural Bootcamp. Join us April 20th – 22nd, from 1:00 pm- 2:00pmET, for a daily dose of information, inspiration, instruction, and networking as we seek to create change and shape corporate cultures.
Your ticket gives you access to all 3 days.
TICKET SALES FOR THIS EVENT CLOSE ON APRIL 19, 2022 AT 1PM ET.
Fireside Chat: The Great Multicultural Reassessment
On the heels of the Great Resignation of 2021 comes the Great Reassessment of 2022. More than ever before, people are re-evaluating their lives, careers and priorities, while also scrutinizing corporate cultures and practices in search of more equitable, inclusive places to build a career. What are they finding? According to a new AdColor study, recent efforts to improve equitable hiring practices have not translated into more inviting workplaces for employees of marginalized races, identities, and sexual orientations. With business success, growth, and innovation tied closely to diversity, it is an urgent business imperative for companies to pursue DEI in 2022. Join this conversation to explore how successful leaders are getting it right.
Ashley McGowan, Global Business Equity Lead, Meta
Marilyn Addy, Director, Diversity, lnclusion & Belonging, LinkedIn
Solange Claudio, President, COO, Formerly Known As
Networking Circles: Seeking Allies: You are Not Alone
Do you feel like you are going solo on your career path? Looking for people in your personal and professional life who can relate to your unique challenges, interests and aspirations? Networking circles provide a safe space and open forum for candid dialogue and expression. Join to share your experiences and thoughts, or learn from others sharing theirs. Topics range from responding to micro-aggressions, to being seen and heard when feeling invisible, to recruiting allies at work, and more. All are welcome. Choose a circle you most identify with. Circle Conversations (Allies are welcome!):
Courage and Care: For people living with disabilities
- Hosted by Nicole Hoover,VP, Business Development, Formerly Known As and Anna Johannes, PLY, Account Supervisor, Porter Novelli
Pride and Progress: For people who identify as LGBTQ+
- Hosted by Marianna Eboli, Global Social Media Manager, DDB and Prianka Ball, Senior Analytics Associate, Engine
International: For global citizens seeking home in new places
- Hosted by Andrea Velez, Account Manager, Epsilon & Midwest Multicultural Committee Member and Tatiana Buenaventura, Senior Account Executive at Edelman/Assembly Inc & Midwest Multicultural Committee Member
Parents: For those balancing children and career
- Hosted by Maria Kinaman, Sales Manager, Meta and Joanna Lyons, Senior Account Director – Multicultural, Pandora
People of Color: For people of color looking for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace
- Hosted by Kellie Black, Associate Account Executive, Hulu & Midwest Multicultural Committee Member and Sonja Stanley, EVP, Head of PMO & Business Operation, Formerly Known As and Kiah S. Jones, Director, Programming & Content Strategy, Disney Channel | Disney XD
*Tickets: YE: $25 | Member: $50 | Non-Member: $75
*Eventbrite fees will be added to your total.
MEMBERS – To unlock your member pricing code, please sign into your She Runs It member account and enter your access code on the registration page.
**REFUND POLICY: Tickets are non-refundable when less than two weeks from the event date.
All Event times are in Eastern Standard Time
You will receive the Zoom link to join no later than 1.5 hours before the event begins, each day.